Need a text app!

Looks like I am severely handicapped by not being able to text. I have heard there are texting apps where nothing shows up in your phone records? Help please? I am pretty technology challenged too! But definitely need to be discreet and think if there is a fool proof text app with no traces to the phone records, that would be great. Definitely think a separate hobby phone would be too risky.
Text plus is free but if you stop using you lose your number
I use sideline myself. You do have to pay for it though. it was free once upon a time. I don't know if it shows on records or not I have no SO to worry about snooping through my stuff.
I use text now. Works perfect for me.
Text plus is the best.
It allows you one number change free.
But if you uninstall and re install you have two more as many times as you want.
Another vote for Text Now.
Do textplus or textnow allow the user to send and receive mms messages such as pictures or videos?
I occasionally use google voice but it is not reliable with mms messages. I also don’t like how it will link to my other google accounts.
Yes Wide brim I want to be sure it doesn't show up on google or apple accounts either! Are text plus and text now completely anonymous?
Do textplus or textnow allow the user to send and receive mms messages such as pictures or videos?
I occasionally use google voice but it is not reliable with mms messages. I also don’t like how it will link to my other google accounts. Originally Posted by WideBrimLowCrown
TextPlus sends pics, it says take pic/video so I would imagine the video is possible, never tried.

WJ anything you use will leave a purchase record of that app in apple store.
I’ve never seen any record of my TextPlus usage anywhere.