Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

• GP
  • 05-16-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...cal-views.html

• Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution
  • Link may reflect psychological traits that evolved in our ancestors
  • Strength was a proxy for ability to defend or acquire resources
  • There is no link between women's physical strength and political view
  • Doove
  • 05-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Ummmmmmm....

Nevermind.
  • GP
  • 05-16-2013, 04:01 PM
LOL, I was wondering how you were going to respond to this one. I guess I'm not surprised.
So physically strong men are more conservative, but are they mentally sound?
  • Doove
  • 05-16-2013, 04:24 PM
LOL, I was wondering how you were going to respond to this one. I guess I'm not surprised. Originally Posted by GP
Since you seem to be claiming prescience on the content of my response, why not tell us what my response ultimately was.
  • GP
  • 05-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Since you seem to be claiming prescience on the content of my response, why not tell us what my response ultimately was. Originally Posted by Doove
I actually had absolutely no clue how you would respond. About the only "prescience" I was practicing was expecting just A response.
  • GP
  • 05-16-2013, 06:04 PM
So physically strong men are more conservative, but are they mentally sound? Originally Posted by jackfengshui
I don't know, what do you think?
When I was 5' nothing and 90 lbs. I believed in global warming and gun control. Now I'm 6' 4" and 210 lbs. And believe in limited government and the constitution is not a living breathing document, but rather its written in black And white. So either maybe the is validity in this, or... i became an adult.
So physically strong men are more conservative, but are they mentally sound? Originally Posted by jackfengshui
I am of the belief that if one is experiencing mental health issues, one of the first responses is to examine the body. Being fat-laden and sedentary can absolutely create and enhance depression, bipolarity, and perhaps other mental issues.

Therefore I am ready to believe that physical strength is more likely to be linked with mental soundness. But certainly not an end all be all.
Ummm... the researchers equated larger bicep size to "physically strong." You could be fat and therefore have larger biceps measurements.

Biceps size is a poor marker for physical capacity but interesting nonetheless.
I don't know if they have an actual correlation , not sure if there was enough research done BUT I'm laughing to death thinking about my family. On my mothers side the smaller statured more lanky so to say side are very liberal. On my fathers side the bigger more muscular stockier stronger and work with their hands ox type are die hard republican with a few indy. I'm literally going through a mental check list of family,friends, and exs, I would say from my personal experience its dead on haha.
im gonna tell ya jc...knew a couple of folks that were in amazing shape..however..in the mentally soundness dept....woooweeeeeeee they lacketh...
couldnt even navigate a can of beans into their cart..
im gonna tell ya jc...knew a couple of folks that were in amazing shape..however..in the mentally soundness dept....woooweeeeeeee they lacketh...
couldnt even navigate a can of beans into their cart.. Originally Posted by anita germane
Priceless!!!
However physically weak males were more reluctant to assert their self-interest – just as if disputes over national policies were a matter of direct physical confrontation between individuals.

Correlation Does Not Imply Causation. In science and statistics this statement emphasizes that a correlation between two variables does not necessarily imply that one causes the other.

But I will say:

It's only logical that millions of years of evolution will embed a psychological predisposition based on physical attributes or lack thereof.