Colonoscopy Cost

If you want to be depressed, read this article about the insane cost of colonoscopies in the U.S. - just one example of why our healthcare system is not sustainable with reforms.
I don't see any why, Jack, just an article that says Americans get dry anal rape with a camera and a bill. Nope, no why, because even the authors know the answer is greedy American pigs. Canada is looking better. But they'd let me die, for driving drunk.
You're right, JC. There is no explanation except greed, in an "industry" in which the "free" market is clearly not working in the national interest.

I've removed the word "Analyzed" from the title.
its not a free market now,nor has been for sometime now.

wait a bit, its going ta fly higher
wait a bit, its going ta fly higher Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Any suggestion on how we might tackle this problem?
maybe find a new hooker and review her for us..lol

nother usefull thrAD ..lol

dont worry

irs is handling oblamacare enforcement ...were good
these must doctors have a high mal-practice rate, some studies, 1 of 1000 are killed or injured from this procedure.

colonoscopy risks

statistics say 5% can get colon cancer, yet I do not know anyone personally who has or had colon cancer, yet I know someone who died from the test.
Any suggestion on how we might tackle this problem? Originally Posted by jackfengshui
civil war and start over
one side has most of the guns and will share with a buddy in need
other side has very very few guns few that do will not share
errrrr joking
It's sheer greed which permeates the entire US Healthcare Industry! They call it 'free market' but it's a free unregulated market where they can set prices and rip us all off at will.
From article.
Nasonex, a common nasal spray for allergies, is $108 in the United States compared with $21 in Spain.
Recently was prescribed Nasonex which was covered by my prescription co-pay of 25 dollars but they 'bilked' my insurance for 150 dollars!

The entire greedy US Health/Medical Industry needs some strong regulation again, like is done in most other advanced countries in the world!
I spent a portion of my career working with one of the local hospitols, and was amazed at the lack of concern in minimizing costs. They simply roll the costs up, and apply the margin, and bill the patient. One of the other things is interdepartmental charges for a profit. And these hospitols gets millions in grant money, and they say have to charge so much for new procedures because of r&d costs? when it was government funded
Actually, there was more to the article than I first surmised, I just didn't scroll enough, but the reasons still weren't good.

As for a solution, I only see a bloody one. Or two. Civil war, as OSD said, though I have no idea what the actual sides would be. Or, peaceful disobedience, if a bunch of sick people simply refuse to pay insurance or health care costs. Lay in the street and die, with a bill board that says, "I just want the price up front so I can make an informed decision." Easier said than done. I wish I had the balls to stop paying my insurance bill (I see insurance as the problem, being a non-producing middleman existing solely for is own profits) but I don't. I engage in relatively risky behavior (cycling, hiking) and a simple broken bone would break my bank. So I'd rather have my bank broken slowly by Aetna than all at once. But maybe I'd stay healthy, Murphy's Law, only if I pay the bill will nothing happen.

As for civil war, I am not inciting violence but its just a matter of time. Sooner or later the house of cards called the stock market will be exposed as a vastly overvalued asset and something's got to give.

I've started on this before, and I could just go and go and within sentences ramble incoherent. But our university thread is tied to this problem, huge overhead to start. Cellino & Barnes are part of this problem, huge profits with zero actual contribution. Hollywood is part of the problem, teeth whitening and lap bands. Athletics, as its tied to the university angle. And on and on. Even here, I don't visit this board a single day without wondering which of us pays the ladies with what I'd consider I'll gotten gains.

Solution? Angry people have to get in the face, physically and relentlessly, of those who profit. But they have to be angry, and what are y'all going to advise me? Enjoy your life, as soon ill be watching playoff hockey, a pacers win, eating ice cream and playing Xbox. Another American jerk off. Maybe tomorrow I can be angry.
these must doctors have a high mal-practice rate, some studies, 1 of 1000 are killed or injured from this procedure.

colonoscopy risks

statistics say 5% can get colon cancer, yet I do not know anyone personally who has or had colon cancer, yet I know someone who died from the test. Originally Posted by lostforkate
I know three people who died from colon cancer.

I never knew anyone could die from a colonoscopy, though certainly any medical procedure can kill you.