Other Free Time Interests

Before starting in this hobby I spent a lot of my free time in the summer activly engaged in Land Based Shark Fishing. This involves two sports, fishing and ocean kayaking. I am also a life long motorcycle enthusiast and have run the spectrum from owning a panhead chopper that I built in my father's garage all the way to owning a Hayabusa for six years. I currently still ride daily but now own a more sane ride. In addition to those two sports I love hunting and shooting and have been on seven African safaris and spend a lot of time hunting in Texas.

Now since starting this hobby, I have nearly lost interest in the other activities. I look at this website several times a day, and spend a lot of time on P411 looking at provider profiles.

Is this normal for guys just getting into this sport? Will the excitment eventually wear off and will this hobby become one of my many interests that I spend time doing? For you guys who have been doing this a while, did you hit it hard at first and then taper off to a moderate level of participation? Do you still like to see a variety of providers or have you settled down to one or a few favorites?