Phone or Email

I was wondering what the ladies and gents prefer in initial contact?

Gents, How do you prefer to make initial contact with perspective lady, Email or Phone?

Ladies, How do you prefer the gents to make initial contact with you, Email or Phone? Some of you list both a website with a email address and phone number but which one is the preferred method?
Definitely email first...That way if you're an idiot who can't spell, or doesn't give me all the info I require initially, I don't waste my time having a proper phone conversation with you...
I prefer email. I hate talking on the phone.

I'll only email ladies with whom I am seriously interested. I hate wasting time, especially with ladies who do not meet my minimum requirements.
Email definitely - I hate being caught by surprise, especially when I'm over at my parents, lol.
Then why post a phone number if you prefer email on initial contact? Seems to me, that the phone number should be given out after screening and a few emails back in forth. Personally, I can do without the phone conversation. This adds a sense of mystery, as to how someone sounds and talks, to the initial date.
Phone conversations are almost a thing of the past now. I've been on dates where I never once spoke to the provider untill she opened the door. All the communication was via email or text. My self I actually do prefer the phone conversation. It kind gives me a little insight if we would click.
Email definitely. I am way more friggin' charming when I can write a carefully worded email than when I have an awkward phone conversation. Unless of course Naomi tells everbody I have a "sexy" voice....Then I am almost obliged to call...hehehe!?!
My preference is email. I don't post my phone number and only give it out once the gentleman has passed screening.
I prefer e-mail for the initial contact for sure, but I do usually like to work in at least one phone conversation before meeting. I have set up a couple of meetings exclusively through e-mail/text, but in a couple of those cases I think a phone conversation might have changed my mind.
I'm a RIGHT NOW kind of guy... so phone!
email is best..that way you can get all info down you need..then of course a final phone confirmation is great!
I prefer email I do not give out my Phone number until screening is done.

Discretion is a must

-Safire Sweet
Email for the first few contacts. I definitely like to hear the provider on the phone though before we meet but most of the time, that never happens. Phone is still the best way to "screen" the provider in my opinion.
I prefer smoke signals, morse code, telepathy, and sign language.
Email works for me the best. I can say what I have to say to convince her I am a good guy and my references are legit. Phone convo leaves no time to think before you speak.