Getting Black Friday Deals the Easy Way

This method started late 2013 but worked. It was verified by Discover customer service this year and said it will work for this black Friday too. Google "slickdeal discover price protection". Has a detailed steps on how to do a claim

Discover credit card has a price protection plan. If you buy an item using their card and the price drops within 30 days, they will write you a check for the difference. Works for black Friday items too. Has to be the exact same model number if u buying to price match.

Basically, buy the exact item that will be on black Friday days or weeks prior with your discover. Kickback and relax while people fight and stand in long lines in the cold for those few must get items on black Friday. Call discover next day in ur underwear to file claim for price drop. Receive check for difference in 3 weeks.

It works for bestbuy panasonic 50" 1080p led TV for 200.
That is a neat trick! I don't know many people who have Discover cards though... But still neat! I wonder if MC and VISA do anything similar? Or even AMEX. I see those cards more than Discover
... I see those cards more than Discover Originally Posted by WestCoastWendii
Just in general, or you take credit cards for payment?
I've worked jobs where we take credit cards for payment. I personally haven't seen a discover card in years.

But yes, I do take CC's for hobby fun too
I dont think they do. I know amex has a different promotions but nothing similar.

I just recently signed up for their cards. $150 if spend 750 within 3 months. so effective drops the price to 50 bucks.
Better deal is to put on your track shoes and bolt out the door with your favourite item.
I like it. They just don't have the Black Friday deals like they used to. Are there any real good deals on a screen 70" or bigger?

Yup, not too many people use Discover, American Express, or other cards. I used to check to see how many of each I got. Probably 98% were Visa and MasterCard. 1.5% were American Express and .5% were Discover. I never received any other cards. Usually half of the money I took in was cash, the other half was credit cards. I wouldn't take checks. There were days when I wouldn't get American Express or Discover and most days I took in about 12K, a little more on the weekends, and a little less on the weekdays.
I had a Discover card in college and stopped using it because not many places took it. Kinda sucked. Now wishing I had it back. Dang.