Hobby Phones & Emails

Over the years I've now of a lot of people in the hobby that used their real info when it comes to hobby phones and or email address. I can't stress enough on how important it is to use fake info when it comes to anything in the hobby. This is how the s*** hit the fan on Ashley Madison or that other site (can't remember the name) that was blackmailing men after they joined their site using their real email. The site would get the new members real name via their email and then find their FaceBook account via their real name, and then use one or more of their pictures from FaceBook to post a fake busted johns ad. Then the website would charge them to take it down. Please, do not use your real info with anything to do with the hobby, this includes telling your ATF SP or hobbyist you real name, where you work, etc. Use a fake name when buying a phone, and pay cash. Use a fake name and address when creating a hobby email, and if they ask for a phone number, give them your hobby number, not your real one. Your best defense against getting in trouble, is you.
What about verification services like P411?
What about verification services like P411? Originally Posted by frolic
I would never use a service like P411. If they get hacked like Ashley Madison did you're F-ed. All a SP needs to know is my screen name and last 2 references. If shes not cool with that I'll spend my money elsewhere. NEVER use your personal info when it comes to the hobby.
P411 does not keep your personal info after its verified. So even if something did happen, there wouldn't be the info there to find unless a hobbyist is using his regular email address on his profile. P411 also takes site security a whole lot more seriously than the rip off artists behind Ashley Madison. Hell, P411 takes fair & ethical business practices and honesty a lot more seriously than the Ashley Madison scum.

Anyways, thanks for blessing us with your vast knowledge.. newbie.
P411 does not keep your personal info after its verified. So even if something did happen, there wouldn't be the info there to find unless a hobbyist is using his regular email address on his profile. P411 also takes site security a whole lot more seriously than the rip off artists behind Ashley Madison. Hell, P411 takes fair & ethical business practices and honesty a lot more seriously than the Ashley Madison scum.

Anyways, thanks for blessing us with your vast knowledge.. newbie. Originally Posted by Jannisary
Just because I'm only a few post deep doesn't mean I'm a newbie, it just means I'm new here (I've been mongering a long time). Nothing is impossible when it comes to computers, a good computer hacker or LE tech just might be able to find info that's allegedly deleted. I'm not willing to give my personal info to anyone hobby related, if you are that's your prerogative.