Steven Spielberg predicts a Hollywood implosion...

... and not a moment too soon.

Here is the link:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...on-film-567604

Fun quote:
-----------------------------
"Steven Spielberg on Wednesday predicted an "implosion" in the film industry is inevitable, whereby a half dozen or so $250 million movies flop at the box office and alter the industry forever. What comes next -- or even before then -- will be price variances at movie theaters, where "you're gonna have to pay $25 for the next Iron Man, you're probably only going to have to pay $7 to see Lincoln." He also said that Lincoln came "this close" to being an HBO movie instead of a theatrical release."
-------------------------------

That's strange. I enjoyed Lincoln immensely. It is hard to believe it barely made it to the theaters.

But, you know what? Maybe it is for the best. Consider it a stupidity tax.

Every high school dropout will run out to see "Iron Man 9" or "Fast & Furious 17", but they won't bother to see an intelligent film like "Lincoln".

George Lucas is on board with Spielberg:
---------------------------------
"George Lucas agreed that massive changes are afoot, including film exhibition morphing somewhat into a Broadway play model, whereby fewer movies are released, they stay in theaters for a year and ticket prices are much higher. His prediction prompted Spielberg to recall that his 1982 film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial stayed in theaters for a year and four months."
-----------------------------------
I haven't been to a movie theater in years. ShowTime, HBO, FX, and other Cable Networks make better productions.
Besides, they all end up on my Dish sooner or later. It's a win-win.
Every high school dropout will run out to see "Iron Man 9" or "Fast & Furious 17", but they won't bother to see an intelligent film like "Lincoln" Originally Posted by ExNYer
i'm sure they all saw the vampire hunter version of it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1611224/
Well he's already working on a remake of the Boston Marathon Bombings. He even wrote himself a bit part. I guess to show his humanitarian side. He'll probably get an award for doing that.
http://youtu.be/1YJKYGwMKjo
Well he's already working on a remake of the Boston Marathon Bombings. He even wrote himself a bit part. I guess to show his humanitarian side. He'll probably get an award for doing that. Originally Posted by acp5762
More stupid conspiracy links.
More stupid conspiracy links. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Ah it was a joke. You take things to dam serious.
Can't happen soon enough.
Ah it was a joke. You take things to dam serious. Originally Posted by acp5762
That would be "damn".

I don't take conspiracy mongering lightly.

If it is an obvious joke, then it can be amusing.

But too many people like to pretend it was a joke after they post it in a serious manner and get called on it.
That would be "damn".

I don't take conspiracy mongering lightly.

If it is an obvious joke, then it can be amusing.

But too many people like to pretend it was a joke after they post it in a serious manner and get called on it. Originally Posted by ExNYer
It was obvious someone was able to edit the picture. It just simply fit in with your post. I thought it was humorous, you didn't. What can I say.
I am surprised this thread isn't in the Sandbox.

Don't go to the theatre much. Last movie I saw was Star Trek Into Darkness.

Everyone is using netflicks or Youtube. So DVDS and Blue Ray sales will be dropping, too.