Shooters

• Toyz
  • 12-29-2015, 09:31 AM
In 3 more days we can exercise our constitutional right to open carry.

How many of you will actually open carry?

I'm waiting on my birthday present to myself, a new Grand Power K100 X-trim 9mm. Looking forward to seeing how well it shoots. Comparing it to a S&W MP pro CORE & a Sig 226.
I may, but im going to have to wait and see for a bit, the only thing that bothers me about it is the possibility of it becoming a dick measuring contest. Much like anything involving some of the human species which has not evolved.

IB
The only reason I'd bother is if there is some kind of gun community event to show it's no big deal and hopefully desensitize. From a practical point of view it makes no sense to show your cards unnecessarily.

I'd never heard of Grand Power before - interesting. I'll have to check them out some time - I've liked CZ in the past so I don't have anything against east euro firearms. I'm looking for something lighter than my HK uspc, that is more robust than most of the civilian subcompacts. I have something that's only 18 ounces now which I'm kinda happy with, but it's not so smooth in every aspect - e.g. mag changes, slide release

It was nice to see the organization that did the bonehead staged mass shooting at the campus did a civil disobedient homeless feeding thing in dallas - maybe some atonement.
I'll keep my Kimber concealed. I don't see how advertising I have a gun is going to make life my more secure. Lotta assholes out there.
I'll keep my Kimber concealed. I don't see how advertising I have a gun is going to make life my more secure. Lotta assholes out there. Originally Posted by budman33
I don't own a gun and don't want to see them in public. Out of sight, out of mind.
I don't wanna see any guns at all. macho bullshit
  • Toyz
  • 12-30-2015, 07:29 AM
The only reason I'd bother is if there is some kind of gun community event to show it's no big deal and hopefully desensitize. From a practical point of view it makes no sense to show your cards unnecessarily.

I'd never heard of Grand Power before - interesting. I'll have to check them out some time - I've liked CZ in the past so I don't have anything against east euro firearms. I'm looking for something lighter than my HK uspc, that is more robust than most of the civilian subcompacts. I have something that's only 18 ounces now which I'm kinda happy with, but it's not so smooth in every aspect - e.g. mag changes, slide release

It was nice to see the organization that did the bonehead staged mass shooting at the campus did a civil disobedient homeless feeding thing in dallas - maybe some atonement. Originally Posted by endurance
If interested, heres a link...and I've seen several reviews on youtube, most come away impressed with the piece.

I wanted something different in that same genre'. I expect it to shoot like a sig from most reports.

https://grandpower.eagleimportsinc.c...ower/firearms/
I like the open carry law but as Suenami said showing it mostly macho B.S.. I like the open carry law because it protects me in case I accidently show my weapon. I don't really think a lot of people are going to open carry. There will be some at first to prove a point or further the agenda but that will wear off in a few months and things will be pretty normal.
That rotating barrel sounds pretty cool if it lowers the bore axis like they say it does. less muzzle flip with hammer along with 1911 manual of arms = win!

If interested, heres a link...and I've seen several reviews on youtube, most come away impressed with the piece.

I wanted something different in that same genre'. I expect it to shoot like a sig from most reports.

https://grandpower.eagleimportsinc.c...ower/firearms/ Originally Posted by Toyz
  • Toyz
  • 12-30-2015, 10:08 PM
That rotating barrel sounds pretty cool if it lowers the bore axis like they say it does. less muzzle flip with hammer along with 1911 manual of arms = win! Originally Posted by endurance
I'm really intrigued! My concern is if it's THAT much of a game changer, why do only two manufacturers use it?

But...it's a great looking gun, reviews are across the board strong...and it's priced just about 100 over a comparable S&W or H&K so worth a gamble I figure.
  • unagi
  • 12-31-2015, 09:51 AM
My hands are registered as lethal weapons. Now, I won't have to keep them in my pockets in public.
  • Toyz
  • 12-31-2015, 10:17 AM
My hands are registered as lethal weapons. Now, I won't have to keep them in my pockets in public. Originally Posted by unagi
Unagi,

This isn't a masturbation thread...sorry man...
  • unagi
  • 12-31-2015, 11:34 AM
Actually, in many ways, it is.
  • ztonk
  • 12-31-2015, 01:46 PM
This isn't a masturbation thread... Originally Posted by Toyz
Actually, in many ways, it is. Originally Posted by unagi
Nearly all of Toyz's threads fall into this category... I just hope Toyz doesn't injure himself with his birthday present... that would leave him with way too much time to post here!

z