divorce

Hello, looking to see if theres an eay way to get divorced. Where do I go thats not expensive we do have kids but he just got out of prison a few months back and cops are already looking for him cause he wont pay child support and hes doing drugs and all again so theres really no fight, he lives with others and in a different state. I havent been with him in like 3-4 years and he was abusive to me and kids which is on record.

Please if you know where to get this done pm me with details thank you
Try to look for a legal aid office in your area. The attorney general sometimes has links on their site.
  • `flip
  • 08-11-2013, 06:20 AM
I don’t know much about Texas Law however most states have abandonment laws usually after 1 year.
So if you and he have been apart for that long most attorneys could get the divorce filed under that pretense with him not being part of it and it just being filed and granted to you. Please also note that you will be entitled to nothing if there’s even anything to begin with. However if he was incarcerated for that entire time I don’t know how that would play into it.
He was incarcerated because after I got me and my kids out of there he got a 18 year old prego and then tried killing her, by chocking in a park with there new born baby in her hands. Hes not stable at all and they resently let him out of prison and want no ties binding us except the kids and I will deal with that later, I just dont want us tied together by paper
I recommend the following site for a simple, inexpensive divorce:

http://www.3stepdivorce.com/

In response to the previous posters:

Try to look for a legal aid office in your area. The attorney general sometimes has links on their site. Originally Posted by papitochulo
Legal aid offices generally don't assist in divorces.

I don’t know much about Texas Law however most states have abandonment laws usually after 1 year.
So if you and he have been apart for that long most attorneys could get the divorce filed under that pretense with him not being part of it and it just being filed and granted to you. Please also note that you will be entitled to nothing if there’s even anything to begin with. However if he was incarcerated for that entire time I don’t know how that would play into it. Originally Posted by `flip
Texas has no-fault divorce. Accordingly, the OP doesn't have to prove abandonment, or any other ground, to be entitled to a divorce.
http://texaslawhelp.org/organization...stin?ref=g6ZUG

Accirding to their site is case by case basis.