The Ted Cruz pile on: GOP senators warn of revolt should he win nomination

The GOP has "baited" itself into a hell of a corner. Sometimes your mouth writes a check that your ass can't cash.

The RWWIpes have a great choice.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politi...olt/index.html
Washington (CNN)Republican Party leaders and prominent senators are sharpening their knives against Ted Cruz, expressing growing alarm over his candidacy as he continues to mount a serious threat in Iowa.

In interviews with CNN, a growing number of Republicans are beginning to echo remarks made by the likes of former Sen. Bob Dole and Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, warning that the party would suffer deep losses down the ticket and risk electing a Democratic president if the Texas senator wins the nomination.

"I think we'll lose if he's our nominee," said Orrin Hatch, the most senior Republican in the Senate.

"There's a lot of people who don't feel he can appeal to people across the board," Hatch said. "For us to win, we have to appeal to the moderates and independents. We can't just act like that only one point of view is the only way to go. That's where Ted is going to have some trouble."

It's not just Jeb Bush supporters like Hatch who are speaking out more aggressively. A large number of GOP senators say Cruz's divisive tactics, which have included describing his colleagues as part of a corrupt "Washington cartel," will make it hard --- if not impossible --- to get behind him if he's the nominee.

"It would be a major challenge because of the wounds that are deep," said Indiana Sen. Dan Coats, who is neutral in the race so far.

"An awful lot of us really didn't like to be targeted as corrupt, establishment bought by the lobby establishment," Coats added. "It sure looks like someone was using it as a way to gain notoriety as the only true conservative in Washington."
Once again, the Republicans are going to shoot themselves in the foot by demanding that they nominate someone who is "electable".
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Once again, the Republicans are going to shoot themselves in the foot by demanding that they nominate someone who is "electable". Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

As opposed to nominating someone who is not electable!
McCain was "electable". Romney was "electable". Reagan was not "electable". They seem to do better when they go the non "electable" route. The country always suffers, but when they nominate an "electable" candidate, they lose.
"For us to win, we have to appeal to the moderates and independents."

That's what cost Republicans the last two presidential elections. Look at what happened in the mid-term elections. We don't want someone who will reach across the aisle, or even reach out the to sell-outs in the Republican party. We want a stop to all of the bullshit that's been going on the past 20+ years.
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2016, 03:23 PM
McCain was "electable". Romney was "electable". Reagan was not "electable". They seem to do better when they go the non "electable" route. The country always suffers, but when they nominate an "electable" candidate, they lose. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You could have run Ronnie in 2008 and he would have gotten hammered. The country was war weary.

2012 , I guess you should have nominated Rick Santorum or Newt. You can still nominate Santorum!
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2016, 03:25 PM
"For us to win, we have to appeal to the moderates and independents."

That's what cost Republicans the last two presidential elections. Look at what happened in the mid-term elections. We don't want someone who will reach across the aisle, or even reach out the to sell-outs in the Republican party. We want a stop to all of the bullshit that's been going on the past 20+ years. Originally Posted by filbone
No the Iraq war cost you the last two elections...hell it cost Hillary the nomination in 2008.

It does not help that you alienate Latino and Black voters with your rhetoric
You could have run Ronnie in 2008 and he would have gotten hammered. The country was war weary.

2012 , I guess you should have nominated Rick Santorum or Newt. You can still nominate Santorum! Originally Posted by WTF
Maybe the Dems should run Bill Clinton. At least he gets hardons for fat chicks.
Baby Huey gets hardons for fat guys.
Baby Huey gets hardons for fat guys. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Pigs get lazy, dirty and stupid.

2012 , I guess you should have nominated Rick Santorum or Newt. You can still nominate Santorum! Originally Posted by WTF
if Ronald Reagan had run in 2008 Barry Soetoro would still be sucking dick in Chitown gay bath houses.

Ronald Wilson Reagan was the greatest President of the 20th century. he destroyed Soviet Russia without firing one shot, freed eastern Europe from the Soviet Hegemony again without firing one shot and made the enemies of America hide in the desert (Gaddafi)

he made it clear, you fuck with America and we will fuck you up!

contrast that to Barry Soetoro's presidency and let's see who goes down in history as a great leader?

Great American who believed in the USA

Faggot who wants to destroy America

I'm nominating Gary Johnson.
WaKKKo, everything about you is wrong.

But you sure spout them RWW talking points right, don'tcha boy?
Everyone (the majority) thought McCain was crazy from his imprisonment and would nuke somebody the minute he was in office. Everyone still thinks that.
Romney and his magic underwear never had a chance, people are not going to vote for weird in America. Period.

Cruz has the exact same problem. America is not going to vote for somebody who formed a "National Prayer Team" for gangs of preachers to conference call in every Tuesday to pray for a presidential primary campaign. Seriously (?), that's what Cruz thinks God cares about, his primary campaign? It's just fucking too weird for America to vote for something like that. It might go over in Iran or the middle east, but no way in America, people do not want our government turned in to the christian equivalent of sharia.

Did you see him on the stump with a bible, bowing his head and praying for political talking points? It was the most painful, and agonizing speech/prayer/"thing" I had ever seen in politics. I could only watch a minute or two of it, but all the Dems have to do is replay that over and over on the air and he will be done.

Not that I don't think he is extremely intelligent and I admire him for bashing the RINO hypocrites all the time, but he is just too weird for mainstream Americans to elect.

Better hope Trump gets the nod, he is the only chance they have between the two.
Better hope Trump gets the nod, he is the only chance they have between the two. Originally Posted by nwarounder
If anyone fucks with Trump ...

.. he'll either fire them or evict them.