Curious about TRT

Couple buddies are doing TRT therapy and say it's the fountain of youth. I'm over a half century in age and feeling the slow down especially in the weight room and more and more in the sack. I hear the male med group commercials on the radio and read mixed reviews on these clinics. Back in the day it was accessible at gyms but at my age would it be worth the $ to go to a clinic get the blood work and pay the $$$?
My Dr for 30 + yrs won't prescribe it . After extensive research I believe I might be more knowledgeable than he is about this subject.
Just asking opinions of fellows that have gone before me.
It definitely works. Do an image search for before and after shots of Vitor Belfort. HGH is popular too, but it has a tendency to turn you into a ninja turtle (huge head, huge torso).

There are also SARMS like ostarine that you can get online legally that can help putting on mass.

Steroids are way more prevalent than anyone thinks, but they aren't 100% magic. Still requires lots of time and effort in the gym and diet. You can try to 'go-it-alone' and do research and get it by your self or just talk to an endocrinologist who might prescribe it.
Respectfully, many physicians and patients with years-long relationships are quite often way too "comfortable" in those relationships.

Not saying, "shake it up," but there is certainly no harm for a fellow of "a certain age" to engage with a younger and newer urologist, for example, to make sure all of the plumbing is working properly and at the same time obtain an endocrine "base line."

Testing for the male and the female hormone levels and balance is certainly something one should do periodically. If insurance doesn't cover, one might consider the tests a necessary expense.

And if the tests are done, make sure the primary physician gets the results, too.

imo, for a physician to arbitrarily reject a request for this type of testing means to me that he is looking at the bottom line and not the patient health. If a patient is concerned about his/her health, the medical advisor is just that, an advisor, a guide, but not the final arbiter in most instances.
TRT therapy can mask the symptoms of prostate cancer and accelerate the aggressive form of prostate cancer that can kill you in months, not years!

And the PSA test that doctors like to run is no more accurate than the lottery - a bike ride, having sex (whatever that is), even sitting in a steam room or a hot bath can elevate your PSA count for days!

It really is a pesky little organ.

If you're homophobic about having your male physician poke you up the butt once a year, just find a hot female GP who will! (I did, and she found it!) (My prostate, that is!)

Warning:

Providers who offer prostate massages are not trained medical professionals. But they often can feel something unusual "down there" (face it, they've manipulated a lot more prostates than most MDs), so if your sweetie mentions that there is a lump, RUN, don't walk to your urologist.

Prostate cancer is the 2nd highest cause of cancer deaths among men each year, after lung cancer.
It works however, you must be very diligent on doing blood test, as it has many different negative health risks!!! And it has is minorly expensive.
This stuff sounds interesting. I believe Peyton Manning used it too but blamed it was his wife that was using it yea right.
TRT works well and in many cases covered by your health insurance. Regular blood tests are mandatory in order to get testosterone refills.

Also a good idea to regularly donate blood if on TRT.
TRT works well and in many cases covered by your health insurance. Regular blood tests are mandatory in order to get testosterone refills.

Also a good idea to regularly donate blood if on TRT. Originally Posted by Big One
Yes it will make you sick as hell if you don't, polysystemia, stroke kidney problems etc
Just wondering if the OP has found an endocrinologist/urologist to consult?
I understand that there are some doctors in San Antonio. But, one of the most known and advocate of hormone replacement therapy for men and women is Dr. Hotze in Houston. See http://www.hotzehwc.com/. Suzanne Sommers mentions him in her book on breast cancer. Lot of good information on his website.
BTW, a friend who is a male nurse uses and recommends Dr. O Medical & Wellness. She is located in Stone Oak area.
Just wondering if the OP has found an endocrinologist/urologist to consult? Originally Posted by ck1942
Not yet but plan to soon. Thanks to all for the good info.