Authentic Connections in a Transactional Era: Fostering Meaningful Relationships?

• phizz
  • 06-13-2023, 06:17 PM
For both hobbyists and providers, how do we cultivate authentic connections and enriching experiences in an era marked by transactional interactions, prompting a reevaluation of attractiveness as a commodity? How can we foster genuine relationships that thrive on mutual understanding, respect, and emotional depth?
I think my brain hurts now.
I think my brain hurts now. Originally Posted by SASpurfan
+1
  • phizz
  • 06-14-2023, 06:44 AM
How can providers & hobbyists make genuine connections and good memories when they are doing something that ultimately comes down to a business transaction? How can hobbyists and providers look at this in a new way to help real connections grow that are based on knowing and respecting each other, and sharing feelings?
+1 -- LOL

Try singing this song to yourself out loud:

Feelings, nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Teardrops rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my feelings of love

[Chorus]
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again
Feelings, whoa, oh, oh, feelings
Whoa, oh, oh, feel it again in my arms

Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you again in my heart

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again

Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you again in my life
For both hobbyists and providers, how do we cultivate authentic connections and enriching experiences in an era marked by transactional interactions, prompting a reevaluation of attractiveness as a commodity? How can we foster genuine relationships that thrive on mutual understanding, respect, and emotional depth? Originally Posted by phizz
I think someone is looking for love in all the wrong places. Bottom line is this is a business transaction. Sometimes 2 personalities can click somewhat, but at the end of the day, it is what it is
Here comes the ax
Here comes the ax Originally Posted by Bobstoppable
And here come's the smasher...
Go see Ping. She'll straighten you out.
My experience is that meaningful relationships continue as long as cash flows.
So, I have a provider that I spend time with outside the hobby. We manage to separate the business and our personal time rather well. I know another provider that I was handling her vehicle repair for a while, and we stopped seeing each other hobby wise but are good friends outside of the business. Best advise. Keep it real. And don't think with the small head.