Good places to buy classy clothes without going broke?

I need to buy some clothes. Some business attire and some 6th st attire. I dont shop for clothes all that often, and its time to look good. Where can I buy good stuff without going broke? I am cheap, but Wal Mart is out of the question.

Also I need a personal trainer to whip mass into shape. I gotta lose 25 to 30 pounds and pack on lean muscle. Maybe I should buy the clothes after I get in shape.
If I were you I'd probably ask some providers to go shopping with you, all women have a good sense of what they like to see on a man and they often agree, so if you want to look good in the eyes of women period, I'd ask a female friend to go shopping with you ... or ask one of the lovely ladies here who have an eye for style. In order to get real-time opinions on whats hot and whats not, on you.
yeah, you'll come out looking like a big pimp daddy.

LO'L
I need to buy some clothes. Some business attire and some 6th st attire. I dont shop for clothes all that often, and its time to look good. Where can I buy good stuff without going broke? I am cheap, but Wal Mart is out of the question.

Also I need a personal trainer to whip mass into shape. I gotta lose 25 to 30 pounds and pack on lean muscle. Maybe I should buy the clothes after I get in shape. Originally Posted by Hugh Grant
Instead of paying a personal trainer, consider the two fitness programs below.
P90X is a good program.
http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...110926184323:s
You'll pay a one time fee, get the DVD's and can do many of the work outs right in your home. Just invest in a pair of dumbbells.
You can follow the instructor on the video. It's challenging and if you eat right, it will get you the results you need

The second program is called MaxWorkOuts.
http://www.maxworkouts.com/?gclid=CJ...FYTs7QodbS3TuA
With this one there's no DVD's. All work out videos are posted online and the program is laid out for 9-12 weeks, each day's work out described for you with a video presentation of all the exercises.
Some of the exercises are a little more advanced, similar to CrossFit exercises.
There's also nutrition information etc.

I've completed both of the programs above and can tell you that if you stick to a high protein, low simple carb (but eat plenty of complex carbs)
you'll gain muscle, burn fat and achieve the results you're looking for and probably come out cheaper than going the personal trainer route.
Good luck!
Look for Dillards Clearance. Used to be at Highland mall but it must have moved. Neiman's has a clearance outlet here too.
Background: I am 5'5" tall, about 300 lbs. There is no such thing as a good off-the-rack fit for me, at least in trousers and dress shirts.

For six or seven years now, I have patronized Patrick's, a custom tailor on Sukhumvit Soi 11, in Bangkok, Thailand. They do outstanding work, and it costs less than off-the-rack would cost in the US, with better quality all around.

Yes, you have to go to Bangkok for the fittings. (They occasionally do selling trips to the US, but an acquaintance had a bad experience with one of those. I have had ZERO difficulty with them doing the fittings in Bangkok.) Cost of airfare plus hotel adds up, but, if you buy three suits (with shirts), your ALL-IN costs are about what you'd pay in the US, for better merchandise.

And, while you're not going to fittings, you're in Bangkok, with some of the prettiest, friendliest females on the planet. How can you lose?
This is a good article about custom shirts: Hot Collars: I got three custom shirts online. I'll never buy off the rack again http://www.slate.com/id/2303744/ One of the places he mentions them will send a lady over to your house to fit you.

I would recommend checking out The Dolce Diet, (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7907002/The%20Dolce%20Diet.pdf) and reading everything on Coach Poliquin's blog (he has trained more Olympic medalists than anyone in history) and you may not need a trainer. But if you need someone pushing you there is a trainer directory of PICP certified trainers and Biosignature practitioners on the site too.
To answer Question #1 -- I shop Macy's when I need big boy clothes. Only during their sales, though.

To answer Question #2 -- While I don't disagree with D'Torrchia, some people are self-motivators and some are not. I belong to Gold's Gym which has excellent Personal Trainers, although I am a self-motivator and do not use them. I see many people who need that kick in the butt to get them going, and without it they will remain couch potatoes. Bad part is that you have to be a member of Gold's Gym before you can use the trainers.
Thanks folks for all your help! And yes, I am the kind of dude who needs one on one attention and supervision to keep myself motivated and get whipped into shape. So reading a book using programs might not work for me as well as someone who is more of a self-starter.
Go to Nordstrom and ask for a personal shopper. They're free.

They will create a plan of action for you and it doesn't cost a thing. They will also help you with the shopping and actually, will call you with recommendations.

At Nordstrom Rack, you can find deeply discounted fashions. I like "not your mother's jeans" and they run about $128 a pair. At Nordstom Rack, I've gotten them for $30.

I am NOT a shopper. I hate to shop. And so this is a good option for me. Neiman's also has a personal shopper type of thing but their clothes are much more expensive. Nordstroms just works.

For losing weight, I would suggest sparkpeople.com Not much that I can say for it now, but it's free and practical. I've just started the program myself and it's not one set program.

The idea behind sparkpeople is that if you make four small changes to your eating habits, weight will fall off. It's also a positive type of program that emphasizes being good to yourself and others.

All good.

Go to Nordstom's. If you wish to look fashionable and go forward with a weight program, this should be very helpful to you. Oh. They will also tailor the clothes that you buy from them either free or at very low cost. Often on the same day that you purchased the items.

Good luck!
Elisabeth
Nordstrom's Rack, Nieman-Marcus Last Call. Sort of hit-or-miss. If you're looking for suits, I'm a pretty happy Men's Wearhous customer. Okay, medium sized bucks, but I walked out with a couple of very nice suits, 4 or 5 shirts and a couple of ties for about $1500.

For more casual clothes, I have a tendency to purchase the more high-end part of the Land's End lines. Not the $19 polos, but the $30. That sort. I know the quality and I know the fit.

Speaking of fit, if you plan to lose weight, now is not the time to buy.
Elizabeth has a good idea. Many better department stores have personal shoppers. Ask for one. That is what they get paid for. If you tell them your budget, they work within that, for the better part. My mother was a personal shopper. I got a Geoffrey Beane suite, tailored, for about $200.

As far as the weight loss is concerned it is very simple. More calories burned than calories consumed. I've lost 70 lbs since Feb.
I'm not sure if Plato's Closet has guys clothes, but you sould check it out. They always have name brand for cheap. I know because my friend and I used to take our clothes up there and sell them for some quick cash. They only accept name brand things and most of their clothes still have the tags on them.
I've never been to Plato's closet, but I've heard that they are pretty cheap and have men's attire. The Rack is great too, but you'll probably find a better deal at the first option...Although I got my fav Ralph Lauren shades there for $30 bucks. Good luck and happy shopping.
If you are looking for business suits, I think that the Bangkok route is a good one. I have been there a few times and bought three or four suits there. I used Raja's Fashhions at Shoping 1/6 Sukhhumvit Soi Nana 4. They tend to be good quality and last a long time. I have bought shirts and ties there too, but would not do so again and would not recommend. Only suits.

When I was in the business world, I looked for quality over quanity and bought Brooks Brothers rather than Montgomery Ward, Macy's, etc. They are classic, looked great and tended to last a lot longer than the others. I preferred a classic suit that would last six years or more rather than a cheaper suit that would last two years or so. In the long run, I think higher quality is actually cheaper. My wardrobe was smaller, but it was never a problem because they were classic, good quality, and could be rotated very simply, ie banker's grey, navy blue, charcoal, pinstripe, herringbone, etc. Always suits rather than sport coats and slacks. That way, it was simple and more professional. Also, I always bought either white or blue cotton button-down oxford long sleeve shirts and good quality ties, mostly regiment stripe, but some Robert Talbot too. Toward my later career, I wore french cuffs with cufflinks, because I liked them and older guys could bet away with it. Shoes were always laced, never moccasins of any sort. Simple is good because it is easier to match shirts, suits and ties.

As to your interest in loosing weight, diet and exercise is the answer in the long run. Join a gym and go regularly. Try to do some sort of exercise everyday and make it part of your lifestyle. Eat reasonably. Weight Watchers, I've heard is pretty good and can get you on a good course.
Good Luck.