The Last Jedi ~~~NO SPOILERS PLEASE~~~

What did people think of the movie?

Thoughts?

Seems like a lot of bad fan press and mixed reviews. Saw it myself. Not terrible, but not great. About equal to the one before it. What's up with The Last Jedi?

Please, No Spoilers...
Horrible movie. The plot, new character introduction & character development were all lacking. More can be said but I will not ruin it for those that haven't wasted 2.5 hrs of their life to see it.
the writing was terrible, its like they were just churning it out for the sake of making money, rather than developing a good storyline.
I myself thought force awakens has been the best of the 7 so far. Going today hopefully - but then again i said that yesterday
Enjoyed it. Loved the themes.

And as Luke said, "This is not going to go the way you think".

Like I told someone, I don't need to know the character's mailing address, I need to know what role they play in the story.
Seen it twice now. Like it personally. Better 2nd go around. It's not for everyone. See how people can go the other way with it. I've been intrigued by Rey since Force Awakens, the mystery is clouded with this one.
I enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing it again. Hopefully on Tuesday.
i did not like it because of the treatment of Luke Skywalker. that was a waste and a missed opportunity. And they discarded Snoke as if he didn't exist. this never would have been Luke's legacy under George. he did as u recall commission a treatment where Timothy Zahn wrote a series of novels where Han and Leia had 3 kids and Luke had one, a son. it came down to a Solo/Skywalker kids good v. dark and i recall that one of Han/Leia's sons turned dark, killed Luke's son and was then confronted and killed by his sister.

this might have been what Lucas would have done. and it would have been better than what Disney has done. they seem to want to kill of all the old guard. we shall see if they now can come up with anything good on their own.

and the Han Solo movie has had a shaky production, to say the least.
You might read the unofficial review Waco kid here in sandbox. Might make sense of things for why they went the direction they did.
It was Sequel Food. Not much more than that. Even 3D didn’t give me a stiffy.
Yeah, I saw the 3d opening night. Was ok at best. Just watched the 2d second time around.
I dont think its bad, I mean I can see why people dont like it, but you need to understand that Disney is trying to continue the story with new characters, han solo (ford) he didnt even want to make the force awakens but they showed him the bucket of money and accepeted to do a last one asking for han solo's death or just dissapearing.
I like snoke (he is not dead) i like kylo and rey, this new story its still developing and i think kylo is gona be the new darth vader of this new generation.
Thats my 2 cents and they are free
Daisy Ridley has said she's not coming back, and thought I read this trilogy will end. At least she said she won't be in Johnson's spin off trilogy set to start after episode 9. Now, doesn't mean there can't be an episode 10 and beyond, and Rey is 50/50. Probably be a hermit like Yoda, Obi Wan and Luke. Afterall, that's what they do. Likely be new characters if they did anything beyond 9. Will see, people can change their minds. I have a feeling there is something much darker waiting in the balance.
You might read the unofficial review Waco kid here in sandbox. Might make sense of things for why they went the direction they did. Originally Posted by Dr Grey

your review isn't going to change my mind on what i didn't like about the movie.

I dont think its bad, I mean I can see why people dont like it, but you need to understand that Disney is trying to continue the story with new characters, han solo (ford) he didnt even want to make the force awakens but they showed him the bucket of money and accepeted to do a last one asking for han solo's death or just dissapearing.
I like snoke (he is not dead) i like kylo and rey, this new story its still developing and i think kylo is gona be the new darth vader of this new generation.
Thats my 2 cents and they are free Originally Posted by SimpsonGuy

Ford wanted Lucas to kill him off in Return of the Jedi. Ford could see the huge dollars Star Wars was capable of generating and knew there would be more movies. as it turned out he got both his free pass in that Lucas chose to tell Vader's back story next and his bucket of money (i heard 25M) and get killed off.

Snoke is dead. so is Luke. doesn't mean a non-jedi can't appear as a force ghost. Luke will appear to Rey and possibly Kylo/Ben in the next movie. which means Snoke could do the same. that has a lot of potential .. a first ever battle between force ghosts. Luke v Snoke.

of course i'm not the first to consider that, as screen rant and cinema blend have articles out speculating the same.
It's a movie you really like or didn't like at all. As most user reviews, it's half and half. After the terrible Anikan series, I haven't had the best hopes for this trilogy, but so far I've liked them ok and better than the Anikan series thus far, although episode 3 will be tough. I'm not assuming any theories at this point. Just that Rey will have a staff and fight all the Knights of Ren. This new trilogy has not dove so far into the force or anything crazy like many tried to predict (I know I had my thoughts and all were shut down), just a couple "moments" so I wouldn't expect anything too crazy, they've kept it simple much like the original Luke series. Hoping for more Rey screen time and saber/force battle. About all I can hope for.