Houston Astros World Champs!!

Congratulations to our Houston Astros on winning the 2017 World Series! Ive been watching these guys since '86 or so and been through a lot of ups and downs but I'm so glad we finally got one!

Same here back in 86 till now finally
World champs
Go Astros !!!!!!
  • Mokoa
  • 11-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Glad to see them win the World Series!

Anyone here remember J. R. Richard?
Glad to see them win the World Series!

Anyone here remember J. R. Richard? Originally Posted by Mokoa

Yup. Lived in the Houston area back then and had mini season tickets for the 1980 season. The Astros had an awesome pitching rotation of J.R. Richard, Joe Niekro and Nolan Ryan that year.
My hometown!! Super excited that they won. I literally cried. Can’t wait to visit back home.
!!!! CONGRATULATION ASTROS !!!!!

I know I'm about to date myself... But I've been waiting for this for 40+ yrs.... I was watching in..
The 70's when Larry Dierker...Joe Niekro...Joe Morgan...J.R. Richards...Joiquin Andujar...Enos Cabell...Jose Crus...Cesar Cedeno...Alan Ashby...Art Howe...Milt May...Jimmy Winn...COULDN'T get it done !!!
The 80's when Mike Scott...Bob Knepper... NOLAN RYAN...Jim Deshaiers...Charlie Kerfield...Craig Reynolds...Terry Puhl...Bill Doren...Dickie Thon...Phil Garner... NEVER found a way to do it either !!!
The 90's we had Craig Biggio...Jeff Bagwell...Ken Caminiti..Glenn Davis...Derick Bell... Alex Trevino...Billy Wagner...Shane Reynolds...Greg Swindell...Darryl Kile...Jose Lima... ALWAYS came up short !!!!
But the 2000's started with Roy Oswalt...Wade Miller...Roger Clemens... Andy Pettitte...Lance Berkman...Brab Ausmus...Jeff Kent...Hunter Pence... STILL nothing...
Then the mid 20's It starts to turn with Jose Altuve...Dallas Keuchel...Marwin Gonzalez...Carlos Lee...George Springer...Carlos Correa...Lance McCullers...Brad Peacock...Evan Gattis...Alex Bregman...Yuli Gurriel...Chris Devenski...Then puttin the final missing pieces this year with...Brian McCann...Josh Reddick...Charlie Morton...and of course...Justin Verlander !!!
Way to go boys !!!! Y'all are FINALLY "WORLD CHAMPIONS"
I'm glad I lived long enough to see it.... I only wish my DAD would have... He would be ECSTATIC !!!
They finally did it dad !!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS ASTROS !!!!
Well said Gscott