Cell phone capture?

So on Labor Day I decided on a quick massage on the way to work. I stopped on San Mateo (1400 block I think) and got a 30 min massage and HJ. (decent massage). Within an hour I got a text from an out of area phone number saying she was a new girl at 2400 Juan Tabo. Same thing happened a year or so ago when I stopped at another AMP on Juan Tabo and got the same text regarding 2400 Juan Tabo.

I didn't use my cell phone either time, just walked in. Is this a coincidence (twice) or are they able to capture cell phone numbers when you enter the shop? Anyone else have this happen?
You might have called a place once. I get those randomly and ask them not to text and they comply.
Same..

You might have called a place once. I get those randomly and ask them not to text and they comply. Originally Posted by Hairytwatlover
You might have called a place once. I get those randomly and ask them not to text and they comply. Originally Posted by Hairytwatlover
You are probably right. I have texted a few places before but never called. I'll ask them to stop next time and see if it works. Just seemed spooky that it happened so close to when I visited a place. I'll take off my tin foil hat now.
So on Labor Day I decided on a quick massage on the way to work. I stopped on San Mateo (1400 block I think) and got a 30 min massage and HJ. (decent massage). Within an hour I got a text from an out of area phone number saying she was a new girl at 2400 Juan Tabo. Same thing happened a year or so ago when I stopped at another AMP on Juan Tabo and got the same text regarding 2400 Juan Tabo.

I didn't use my cell phone either time, just walked in. Is this a coincidence (twice) or are they able to capture cell phone numbers when you enter the shop? Anyone else have this happen? Originally Posted by kokopele86
You are usng a hobby phone .... right???
You are usng a hobby phone .... right??? Originally Posted by carguy1989

Well now you know I'm an idiot. But no. I always planned to get one but didn't. I don't text AMPs any more, except Luna when I'm in town to see where she is. Just walk in.
Get a txting app, I used it whenever I wanna go have fun
What can you say about cell phone repair? How difficult is it? I want to fix my smartphone myself and have even ordered phone spare parts online already. Have you had any experience in this matter?
Well now you know I'm an idiot. But no. I always planned to get one but didn't. I don't text AMPs any more, except Luna when I'm in town to see where she is. Just walk in. Originally Posted by kokopele86

I use the app Hushed. You have to pay for a number, but it's pretty cheep and less of a hassle than having a completely separate phone and plan.

A burner phone is probably even better, but I find that to be more of a hassle than it's worth. It's not like I'm a drug dealer.
I used Hushed as well. I like its functionality and ease of use. One phone two different numbers. Regular number and hobby number.