Area code 267?

I see a ton of ads in Pittsburgh with the area code 267. I've always dismissed them as scams. Recently I had a customer in Pittsburgh with area code 267 and they have been here forever.

So, is 267 a legit area code for Pittsburgh or should I continue to dismiss it? Has anyone ever had a successful appointment with a provider with 267 area code?
267 is philly.

Overlay of the more familiar 215.
List of PA Area Codes

Every add that I ever responded to with that area code either wanted a deposit, cash app or personal I D.
267 is a legit Philly area code, but I'd still be a bit suspicious of any ad using that area code. To the best of my knowledge, we have not had a legit provider from that area visiting the Burgh in ages.

There's a girl in that area I follow on Twitter, who I've kinda wanted to see for a long time (though I don't really want to pay the rate she asks...), and occasionally does a sort of "Ask Me Anything" on her Twitter. Recently, someone asked a question of the form "When are you going to visit Pittsburgh?" Her answer was, "Never. I only travel to major cities. Pittsburgh is not a major city."
Some apps or burner phones will just assign an area code from that state.
" Her answer was, "Never. I only travel to major cities. Pittsburgh is not a major city." Originally Posted by laserface

OUCH!
Just for shits and giggles, I sent text messages to 7 different ads with 267 area codes. All 7 responded fairly quickly. All 7 asked for deposit via some sort of cash app. So, that's that.
Pittsburgh is not a major city." Originally Posted by laserface
*grumbles about Stanley Cups and Lombardis*