Joe Manchin came through!

• WTF
  • 12-19-2021, 08:00 AM
BBB will have to be rethunk!

Tiny , let's go celebrate.

Although, me thinks, they will come back with something he can support. It will have to be less porkie....except for WV. I bet they sweeten their share!
Commie Sanders got all pissy about Manchin. Good!

Manchin is doing his job serving his WV constituents not his party.
Yes I agree with all view points above!

Lets not forget hes a democrat. And he fits the same rhino mold as mccain. Enjoy it now and keep it grounded.
  • WTF
  • 12-19-2021, 10:16 AM
Any bets on it getting passed after it gets modified?
Yes I agree with all view points above!

Lets not forget hes a democrat. And he fits the same rhino mold as mccain. Enjoy it now and keep it grounded. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Hes by definition a DINO maverick.
Any bets on it getting passed after it gets modified? Originally Posted by WTF
It depends on the definition of modified.
  • WTF
  • 12-19-2021, 10:37 AM
It depends on the definition of modified. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
It will be less than 1.7 trillion.
  • Tiny
  • 12-19-2021, 12:19 PM

Although, me thinks, they will come back with something he can support. It will have to be less porkie....except for WV. I bet they sweeten their share! Originally Posted by WTF
Indeed, worth celebrating! And I hope you're wrong, and it doesn't come back.

This article includes a video with the entirety of Bret Braier's interview with him this morning:

https://eccie.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1062683548

And here's Manchin's official statement:

https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsr...ack-better-act
Indeed, worth celebrating! Originally Posted by Tiny
"And in a statement after his appearance, Manchin doubled down, saying his "Democratic colleagues in Washington are determined to dramatically reshape our society in a way that leaves our country even more vulnerable to the threats we face. I cannot take that risk."

"While it's still unclear what became the final straw for Manchin, President Biden and the senator had been locked in a disagreement over how long BBB programs should be funded, people familiar with the matter told Axios on Wednesday.

""My concerns have only increased as the pandemic surges on, inflation rises and geopolitical uncertainty increases around the world," Manchin said in the Sunday statement."

Although, me thinks, they will come back with something he can support. It will have to be less porkie....except for WV. I bet they sweeten their share! Originally Posted by WTF
Hey! Can I get in on this celebration, too?

(Although I'm not sure I want to celebrate very enthusiastically quite yet, lest I look like the NFL wide receiver who spiked the ball on the 5-yard line!)

Any bets on it getting passed after it gets modified? Originally Posted by WTF
I suspect that it probably will, but hopefully only after it's had most of its most egregious elements deep-sixed.

Democrats will likely put on a full-court press in efforts to get Manchin over the finish line. Remember Robert "Sheets" Byrd? He brought home plenty of bacon for the state.

In the event that you've considered investment in West Virginia paving companies or concrete plants, now's the time!

But when is congress going to start abiding by "truth-in-advertising" principles? "BBB" should be called "Binge Borrow Bigger."

Q got to him.
  • WTF
  • 12-19-2021, 02:56 PM
Q got to him. Originally Posted by bambino
Commie Sanders got all pissy about Manchin. Good!

Manchin is doing his job serving his WV constituents not his party. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Bernie huffs and puffs and says "make Manchin vote and we'll see how the people of West Viginia like it". What a dumb fuck. He is doing exactly what the majority of his constituents want or he wouldn't be doing it.

I have a good feeling that Manchin will not only hold up but push back on Democrats. I don't see how he survives in the Democrat party with so many of them calling him a traitor. I see him becoming an Independent who will caucus with Republicans.

In the event that you've considered investment in West Virginia Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight

The S&P 500 is up 23% for 2021 Coal companies up 435% Manchin has been against Biden moving to clean energy too quickly before there are alternatives ready.