Memphis what's going on???

Lord have mercy Memphis what's going on this weekend. After staying the night with a friend I decided to get a room and visit for a couple days. I have so many friends that I've been missing and we all know my love for bbq lol. When I went online almost all my favorite hotels were sold out and the others were just ridiculous prices considering they're not 4 or 5 star smh. I literally paid more for today and tomorrow than I do for 2 nights at the omni or Westin I stay at in some other cities. You would think it's Memphis in May or something. What the heck is going on that caused these rates and is it some fun I can get in on lol?

So how's everyone been doing anyhow? I've missed y'all.
Hey Cassie! Not a lot of activity in the Tennessee boards. How long you in town for?
Surprised to hear about rooms being in short supply and prices raised. It is a pretty decent college football weekend, Memphis had a home game plus big game in Oxford that may be drawing enough out of towners to effect rooms here. Good to hear that you're back in town again and hope there are more visits here in your future.
Hey Cassie! Not a lot of activity in the Tennessee boards. How long you in town for? Originally Posted by Nunyabiznas
I'm leaving in the morning to go home and handle some things Monday and Tuesday. I'll be back before Thanksgiving.
Surprised to hear about rooms being in short supply and prices raised. It is a pretty decent college football weekend, Memphis had a home game plus big game in Oxford that may be drawing enough out of towners to effect rooms here. Good to hear that you're back in town again and hope there are more visits here in your future. Originally Posted by SlowHand50
I guess that was it. I've been popping in and out regularly since May. Just been mostly old friends. But I guarantee you will all be seeing me around more and more.
... But I guarantee you will all be seeing me around more and more. Originally Posted by Cassie107
That is exceptionally good news.