I need some help dealing with TER, pls.

Thats whats been reported... publicly
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
There were some court documents linked to somewhere (maybe ASPD?) where the conditions were that DE could no longer own/control/direct or have anything at all to do with TER. I'm just going off that really. I assumed that was why it changed ownership. Regardless, there has been a definite change in how things are done over there over the last 12 months or so. Definite change. Chnage does not mean everything is better though..far from it. The issues have just changed IMO...

C xxx
I know and understand all of that Camille, very familiar with the court decisions and terms. You are correct, that is exactly what has been reported publicly. No denying TER plays an important role in our world, always has and will probably continue to do so. My only point is that there is much, much, MUCH more to the story.

This is simply a case where the money/busness side of things way overruled the ethical/humanitarian side, happens all the time in many businesses; so be it. I'll just leave it at that.
When your area of the country doesn't have many providers on other sites, you have no choice but to use TER. There are only a handfull on ECCIE from the Carolinas, so even though I know TER has some flaws, it's one of the best resources that I have to evaluate people in my area. I'm sure there are many other areas like this. Originally Posted by CarolinaGent
what about bigdoggie? I always liked them and they are usuall a great resource too?
Nina, the ownership has changed since then.... I guess it's just different people manipulating it now lol.

C xxx Originally Posted by Camille
I don`t believe that, sorry......its similar people manipulating the system now :-)....Its not that completely different people maintain that site. Its the same system, same rules, same agendas. When i hear what people complain about - nothing has changed.
Yep, and TER traces IP addresses big time so eliminate "some" providers or clients from writing fake reviews. If you log in from a guy's PC just to look around he can get banned and his review of you pulled. Same goes for the reverse. How many times have we heard, "Oh I was in the shower and he used my computer" lol. Well, if it happens more than once...see ya! That's what I likeabout them, and the fact that no bs comments are allowed after a review. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Another reason I like TER!

As someone who uses TER more than any other site, I will try to answer this question. I have found TER to be the best resource of information, especially if you travel a lot and/or like to play in the high-dollar market. I agree that some reviews are fake, some have been manipulated, etc. However, there are real reviews there, not just mine but many others. I've used that site with much success and met some really great women over the last couple of years.

When you see a whole page or two of 10/10 ratings, I can understand how people can be skeptical as they should be. Having spent time with 2 women in the top 10, I can say at least some of those providers and reviews are legit and accurate. The TER system is by no means perfect, but it works for me and is the best site I've found for finding information in the particular market I'm interested in. Let's face it. ECCIE isn't exactly the best place to go for reviews in the high-end arena as there are very few here. Originally Posted by The Nameless One
VERY well said

It never does. There are providers that go into a funk for days or weeks because they received an 8 or 9, or worse go on a vendetta against the reviewer. Just stupid behavior. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Yes it is stupid behaviour, and that's just sad...I have plenty of 9's on there and it doesn't bother me a bit...
As far as their rating system goes, yes, you can't get above a 7 ( I think) if you don't offer Greek, BI,bbbj, or DFK....I personally have never felt "pressured" by any client about doing any of those things, I don't think in the back of my mind "Oh I want a 10, I want a 10)...no way, that's just silly....I offer those services not because of the rating system, but because those really are things I offer, not just on TER, on any site...

For myself personally and because a lot of the cities that I cater to, TER is the best place for me to advertise, and is where the bulk of my money comes from. It is also where most of my business comes from. Sure the site has it's flaws, but so does every other site(including this one)...If it works for you then great, if not, by all means don't use it...

One thing I do not like about TER though is how they calculate their "top 100"...There are some ladies who are in the top 20, who have less than 10 reviews, some of which haven't even been reviewed in 6 months!(I won't even accept references from a lady that hasn't been reviewed in the past 6 months...)...I think if a ladies hasn't been reviewed in so long, they shouldn't be on there, just my opinion...I don't agree with it, but it's not my site and I have no control on how they conduct their business, but that doesn't stop me from using it...
TER is a system. All systems can be manipulated. I hear what Val is saying because I know a couple of women with consistently strong reviews that are perceived as "too good to be true"...so she is right in saying that often women in that position are questioned. It's a shame really because there are some women that just are that good all the time (far and few between, but they are out there). That sort of thinking usually comes because there are also another bunch of women (as Naomi pointed out) that do manipulate reviews. There are women that actually contact reviewers AFTER the review has posted and ask them to adjust their scores, there are also women that ask to see the reviews before they are posted. There are men that write reviews for free access (*cough* PJ) and lord knows what other combinations. To a certain degree, if you have reviews on TER you have to stay on top of them. By that, I don't mean swipe the crappy ones off if you have any, I mean watch for the ones (as Val pointed out) that are good fakes. There have been instances of men trying to build credibility quickly by submitting reviews and they will usually try and do this by attempting to be as un-noticeable as possible...by submitting a positive review. Sure, some of the men that do this just want free access but unfortunately there are also men with something more sinister to hide that manipulate the system like that. They generally think they are good to go because a woman won't remove a good fake. Wrong. The tide is turning there because they do...I know several women that have. Originally Posted by Camille
Thank you for understanding what I was saying!
TER actually pulled the bad review! I can't believe it. I have a reg submitting today (it was suggested he take out a VIP memebership for the month) and another few supposedly coming. We'll see. At least that one is down. Whew!
Thanks for all the input, kids. Mucho appreciated.

xoxoC
TER actually pulled the bad review! I can't believe it. I have a reg submitting today (it was suggested he take out a VIP memebership for the month) and another few supposedly coming. We'll see. At least that one is down. Whew!
Thanks for all the input, kids. Mucho appreciated.

xoxoC Originally Posted by ClairJordan
Glad to hear it!
Just goes to show you never know who is reading what on the internet.