Sprint Launches Soon To Be Mandatory Emergency Alert Messages

Here comes more big government. Lovely.

http://www.infowars.com/sprint-launc...lert-messages/

Excerpts
Telecommunications giant Sprint has announced the launch of its Wireless Emergency Alerts program that will deliver messages from the federal government directly to millions of Americans as part of a system set to become mandatory on all new cellphones.

Although existing mobile handsets can only receive the messages if their users have opted-in to the scheme, all new models will be designed so as to force Americans to receive the messages whether they want to or not.

Assurances that the system will be “voluntary” for wireless carriers are completely meaningless given the fact that all the big boys, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon, have already indicated they will participate.
Customers will have no choice whether to opt-in or not, they will automatically be signed up by their carrier.

In other words, for the first time ever the feds will have a direct line to the millions of Americans who use cell phones and be able to use the messages to transmit whatever they like, whether that be genuine safety information, fearmongering about spurious terror alerts, or political propaganda.
Yeah, and people call me crazy because I warn that we are becoming a police state.
Yeah, and people call me crazy because I warn that we are becoming a police state. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
here's my new cell phone. it's government-proof! Trust me!

Is it really color coded? Your smart phone screen flashes green, yellow or red?