Best bottle of sweet white-wine in your opinion??

• Zena
  • 02-25-2018, 07:16 PM
Im researching bottles of sweet wine (white wine) and Im trying to find THE BEST! The VERY BEST!
Cost isnt a factor.
Yes I have Googled this, but I would like more specific information. There is a lot of info. out there on wines.
Sweet white wine is my favorite!
Thank you in advance~ Sexy gents and Sexy ladies!
Zena.
I primarily drink red wine, but I enjoy a port when I want something sweet.
I prefer the red, but Electra is by far the tastiest wine I have ever had! They have a red and a white that will make you want to drink the whole bottle!

I keep a bottle (or 5) on hand at all times!
You might try an Albariņo or a Viognier. Not really sweet like a late harvest Chardonnay.
Chateau Ste.Michelle Eroica Riesling is pretty Amazing!
  • Zena
  • 02-28-2018, 09:31 PM
Thank you !!!
All !!
Chataue St. Michelle Riesling
For an easy to find Riesling there is always the Cupcake Riesling
  • Zena
  • 03-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Thanks ! All! crazy question here- is there a Red wine out there that tastes JUST LIKE A SWEET WHITE ONE??? Or better ??
Thank you ! Zena.
For a truly sweet white, try any of the moscatos out there. Really nice is a sparkling moscato.
The wine that is generally considered the best sweet white wine in the world is Chateau d'Yquem from the Sauterne/Bordeaux region of France. It is pretty effin special. It's sweet, but has some acidity that balances it out perfectly, kinda like perfect lemonade in a sense. Other Sauternes that are good, too: Chateau Giraud and Chateau Rieussec.
Then there are the Tokaj wines from Hungary.

Hey, you said that money is no object.....

Some of the Canadian ice wines are good. And the late harvest (vendange tardive) rieslings from the Alsace region of France will turn your head, too.
  • Zena
  • 03-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Thank you drbobfl !
Zena, google “cheap sweet red wine brands”, you’ll get pages of possibilities. Why “cheap”? Well my fav is Reunite Lambrusco and it’s cheap, but nice and sweet. This site rates it as 4.5 of 5, so I guess others like it too!
Asking for white and you gave red.

Reading be hard, bro
  • zont
  • 03-05-2018, 05:05 PM
If you ever get up to Dallas and get a chance to go to Pappas Steaks, there is by far the longest list of Rieslings that I have ever seen. Usually the "Riesling list" is like ONE. The concierge there knows the list from sweet to dry and everywhere in between. Some of the prices are way up there too!