McConnell files cloture to end debate on Kavanaugh nomination, setting up key procedural vote later this week

All of the wailing and gnashing of teeth has wrought nothing but a crescendo of doom for lib-retards.

McConnell files cloture to end debate on Kavanaugh nomination, setting up key procedural vote later this week

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnel late Wednesday night filed for cloture to end debate on Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination, setting up a key procedural vote for Friday -- and a possible confirmation vote as early as Saturday.

McConnell also revealed that the Senate would receive the FBI's supplemental background investigation into Kavanaugh Wednesday night.

Two senators, both of whom are members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told Fox News that they've been instructed to plan for a vote on Sunday.

Sources previously told Fox News that Senators and some aides would be able to start looking at the FBI’s background investigation on Thursday morning and that Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and committee member Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., would be given the first chance to look at the report.

The bureau's investigation, ordered last week by President Trump, was designed to look into allegations of sexual misconduct leveled at Kavanaugh, who has been accused by three women of separate alleged incidents. Christine Blasey Ford, the first woman to come foward, testified before the Senate Judiciary last week about her claims.

Two senior Senate sources told Fox News earlier that the report isn’t expected to be released publicly. Instead, the FBI is expected to send a single copy of the supplemental report on Kavanaugh to the Hill, where it will be kept in a safe in the Senate Judiciary Committee. All 100 senators and nine staffers will be authorized to read it.

Earlier Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell denied a request made by Minority Leader Chuck Schumer to approve a briefing by FBI agents on the bureau’s background investigation (BI).

In a letter to Schumer, McConnell said a briefing "would be unprecedented and irregular" and suggested that such a maneuver would be a tactic intended to stall a vote on Kavanaugh's nomination.

“And, in all candor, I believe it would be used to further delay this nomination—a goal about which you and your Democratic colleagues have been abundantly clear and single-minded in pursuing,” McConnell wrote.

(Fox)
Yep, the Dems shamed themselves and will not work. Not on Election Day either.
Fuck McConnell. The leader of the hypocritical Republicans.

Trump will swing for this!

hahahahahahahah
Release the FBI findings. I don't hear or see anything about the boyfriend yet on MSM news or websites.
The FBI findings will get out.

When they do, I hope the Republicsns have enough balls to open inv stigations into Perjury on Ms Dr Ford.

Calling Jeff Sessions. Wake up, you gutless wonder.

hahahahahahahah Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Are you threatening the current, duly elected, legitimate, president of the United States with a lynching? Your post clearly elicits this threat.
Release the FBI findings. I don't hear or see anything about the boyfriend yet on MSM news or websites. Originally Posted by gnadfly

WHY should the FBI findings be made public?

As to the boyfriend, Fox had about him this afternoon, and Ford's lawyers saying "HE's full of it"..
err

Are you threatening the current, duly elected, legitimate, president of the United States with a lynching? Your post clearly elicits this threat.
Are you threatening the current, duly elected, legitimate, president of the United States with a lynching? Your post clearly elicits this threat. Originally Posted by kehaar
Not threatening.

Predicting.

no idea what you're talking about.

but its clear that you're in your hangry-wringing phase.

Are you threatening the current, duly elected, legitimate, president of the United States with a lynching? Your post clearly elicits this threat. Originally Posted by kehaar
Not threatening.

Predicting. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

that he's gonna keep on WINNING!!!!!
Not threatening.

Predicting. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I do not believe you.

You have succinctly illustrated the need for the second amendment in way that is irrefutable.

Calling for a mob based hanging of the president is disgusting.
I do not believe you.

You have succinctly illustrated the need for the second amendment in way that is irrefutable.

Calling for a mob based hanging of the president is disgusting. Originally Posted by kehaar
I did no such thing.

Your constant badgering is bordering on cyberstalking. Not winning.

Bullies never win.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching

Which part of that definition did I misrepresent?

Lynching is a premeditated extrajudicial killing by a group. It is most often used to characterize informal public executions by a mob in order to punish an alleged transgressor, or to intimidate a group. It is an extreme form of informal group social control such as charivari, skimmington, riding the rail, and tarring and feathering, and often conducted with the display of a public spectacle for maximum intimidation. It is to be considered an act of terrorism and punishable by law.[1][2] Instances of lynchings and similar mob violence can be found in every society.[3][4][5]