Decent auto mechanic.

Hello KC gents,
I wanted to get few car mechanical work done
- Transmission Serive
- Coolant flush
- Brake flush
All these mentioned above are major services, dealership is charing me fortune to get that done.
Anyone know of good car mechanic who can take care of services without charing like dealership does?

Please let me know.
What part of town are you in ? H&L Auto on St John is a friend of mine. Straight up guy and won't over charge you.
Thanks. Does he do good on repair / services i listed above?
Yup
Osipik Automotive in Merriam does all that and more, and is honest about what repairs need doing.
SK Mechanic in Olathe. I had a dealership tell me I needed a new heater fan motor. $400+. I took it to SK, they said it was a loose wire, and fixed it, no charge.

https://skmechanic.com/reviews
Williams automotive Lenexa
Lynden in Merriam both are very good and reasonable
Thanks you guys taking time making suggestions.
Donovans in Shawnee, family owned for over 80 years.
Lenexa Automotive in old town.

Does your brake pedal fade? I've never heard of a "brake flush" being routine maintenance?
mw,
Brake flush same time as trans fluid change. Quite infrequent though.
Looks like op is at one of the only do all these things a few times during life of vehicle schedule.
One of my guys scraped up a car last night that t-boned another. Driver was bawling that her brakes wouldn't... that 5 yr old car had a mostly empty brake reservoir.
Donovans in Shawnee, family owned for over 80 years.
Lenexa Automotive in old town.

Does your brake pedal fade? I've never heard of a "brake flush" being routine maintenance? Originally Posted by malwoody
I am at 200k miles.

mw,
Brake flush same time as trans fluid change. Quite infrequent though.
that 5 yr old car had a mostly empty brake reservoir.
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Not even close. Her reservoir was low because there was a leak somewhere. If an hydraulic part is losing fluid it needs to be repaired/replaced and then bleed the air out of the brake line and that is the only time you need to bleed the brakes. I've never heard of a flush and it certainly is not routine maintenance but sounds more like a scam. I know you're the resident expert on gals and hotels but I've done many many brake jobs and have never even heard the term flush used.
As someone who has done auto repair professionally, things have changed a lot in the maintenance world for vehicles.
A transmission service is important. I recommend every 30k as the fluid breaks down from heat. They can tolerate more heat with synthetic fluids, but newer vehicles push higher Temps. I never recommend a flush. As the transmission wears, clutch material is suspended in the fluid. A worn transmission or one with higher mileage will almost certainly fail with a flush as all that material is suspended in the fluid. All new slippery clean fluid will cause excess heat on the worn clutches and result in failure. I have seen it many times. Smaller engines in bigger vehicles are more susceptible to premature failure as the engine spins more rpm to build power which cooks the fluid. I just replaced a transmission in a 2015 Ford edge. 2.0 EcoBoost, 85k. Fluid was burnt and clutches gone.
A brake flush is a necessity in modern vehicles. Brake fluid is a hygroscopic fluid. It absorbs water. Over time, this can damage brake system components from the I side out. With the integration of ABS,Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Systems with integration to engine management, a brake flush is highly recommend to ensure the life of the valves in the system. It is not a standard interval. Brake fluid is clear, when it starts to darken, it should be changed.
A cooling system service is recommended every 3 to 5 years. The coolant breaks down and becomes acidic. This can damage plastic components in the system, which there are a lot. It will also get dirty and over time this dirt will plug small passages in the radiator and heater core(s).
The brake system is a sealed system. If fluid in a reservoir was empty, either the pads/shoes were consumed or a fluid leak.
I service all my fluids annually personally, but since I still moonlight doing it and have a lift, it is simple for me.
As opposed to an indecent mechanic?

A brake flush is a necessity in modern vehicles. Brake fluid is a hygroscopic fluid. It absorbs water. Over time, this can damage brake system components from the I side out. With the integration of ABS,Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Systems with integration to engine management, a brake flush is highly recommend to ensure the life of the valves in the system. It is not a standard interval. Brake fluid is clear, when it starts to darken, it should be changed.
Originally Posted by kccountryboy
Ok, you obviously are well versed and I won't dispute what you say. It's been a couple of decades since I twisted wrenches for a living and I certainly agree with your thoughts on the other systems. I pay a shop for maintenance now but I own several late model vehicles that I've had brake work done to and I'v not had to replace any hydraulics, just pads and rotors. I usually replace the rotors because they are not that expensive as opposed to resurfacing. Your point on fluid is well taken but I guess I'm a dinosaur who's not convinced it's necessary.