THE CASE FOR LEGALIZED PROSTITUTION

I come from the view that prostitution should be legal and there are ways to do that without the legislature involved. Colorado is an example of how you can effectively make something legal by gaining ballot access. Just like they did with *Staff Edit - JCM which is bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars in potential revenue as well as increasing opportunities for commercial and industrial landords and developers.

Prostitution is not dangerous to anyone. Sex with most "professional" prostitutes is likely to be less risky as far as STI/STD's than casual sex. In Nevada for example there has not been a case of any ladies who work at the brothels as independent contractors of having an std and they are medically supervised weekly.

Businesses that could provide these services could be licensed, supervised and taxed thus creating revenue that can go to schools, or something else. They could be limited to certain areas, and restricted to use of marketing, advertising and even operating hours. In Nevada the counties allowed to have brothels have to be under 750,000 people in population.

Non brothel girls could also essentially get licensed and have medical supervision as well but it would have to be studied.

It would be much safer for everyone to have some degree of safety and security that would protect them. The guys who go to brothels have to be over 18 so Im sure some get carded but there is no reason to ask for ID other than this. No records would be kept except for the women in the business and only a way to cross reference. Secured databases could be used to protect ones identity.

Think about Police vice units that could be transferred to working counter terror or violent crimes. Would it be better to target violent offenders and lock them up or bust some guy just wanting a blowjob and ruining his business opportunities and family life.

#15 - There is no place in our forums for the general discussion or speculation of illicit drug use. This is to be considered a forbidden topic and mention of it will be removed.
In the mean time, one of the more "enlightened" European Countries, France, just passed a law making it illegal to pay for sex. That means the "johns" will be the target of criminal prosecution on an equal basis with the women selling pussy.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...lise-customers

In truth, if you look at the number of men and women involved in Prostitution as opposed to the number of people prosecuted, there really is no "war" against the sex for pay trade. Sure, there is the occasional sting that looks good on the 6 o'clock news, and the occasional polititian or religious fanatic caught with his dick in some Hookers mouth, but considering how many men are seeing Hookers on a regular basis, these are few and far between.

Prostitution is indeed the world's oldest profession. And Governments and Moralist have been fighting it since the beginning of time. But men are still horny, and there will always be women willing to exchange a few hours of pleasure for a few dollars.
VICE should be regulated and taxed not criminalized and shunned. Law enforcement resources could be better spent going after terrorists and violent offenders.
Agreed.

HOw do you think a President Cruz would stand on the subject? Theoretically, of course.
As long as both (or more) parties are consenting, it's not a crime, nor is it the government's business.

I love gingers! Come to Kansas!
With the decrease of religion in this country, and the continuing decrease of high paying jobs, some gutsy politicians in Democratic states should put it on the ballot.
You could just as easily come to Colorado. But Im not always there as I do go to school on the east coast.

As long as both (or more) parties are consenting, it's not a crime, nor is it the government's business.

I love gingers! Come to Kansas! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Agreed.

HOw do you think a President Cruz would stand on the subject? Theoretically, of course. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
About the same as all the other politicians. Prostitution would just become another political tool like abortion, gay rights and a host of other issues that really don't concern the country as a whole.

Jim
You could just as easily come to Colorado. But Im not always there as I do go to school on the east coast. Originally Posted by SkylerScarlett
Hmmm . . . Tempting. Very tempting.
I'm all for it. It would lead to more choices, competition, better services. I'm not sure all prostitutes would be for it. It would be highly regulated and taxed.
No extra fees or special taxes. The sure way to get rid of the hobby is put the government in control.
With the decrease of religion in this country, and the continuing decrease of high paying jobs, some gutsy politicians in Democratic states should put it on the ballot. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Are you kidding? Democrats need to keep it illegal for their power. Members of the GOP want to ban prostitution because of some misguided ideas from their religion but the democrats are more devious. They need to have something on each of us. Something that we are supposed to be ashamed of, something we want to hide, and something that they can squeeze money from us.
I'm all for it. It would lead to more choices, competition, better services. I'm not sure all prostitutes would be for it. It would be highly regulated and taxed. Originally Posted by bambino
If was like Germany, it would lead to lower prices. Sorry ladies but they do regulate and when they regulate they go all the way. Bi-weekly blood tests, straight up $50 for half and half (in 1981), no up sells. If you were to step away and go really upscale then you're breaking the law. So if you're going to risk arrest, you'd better charge enough and you'd better have some real game to earn that money. I would like to make it legal for myself but the ladies would suffer except for the real bad ones who could charge the normal rate (which is more than they deserve). I'd like to see it non-criminalized but also not enforced. A nice brothel on the edge of the county line would be great if well run (no drugs, no crime, ie; the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas)
If was like Germany, it would lead to lower prices. Sorry ladies but they do regulate and when they regulate they go all the way. Bi-weekly blood tests, straight up $50 for half and half (in 1981), no up sells. If you were to step away and go really upscale then you're breaking the law. So if you're going to risk arrest, you'd better charge enough and you'd better have some real game to earn that money. I would like to make it legal for myself but the ladies would suffer except for the real bad ones who could charge the normal rate (which is more than they deserve). I'd like to see it non-criminalized but also not enforced. A nice brothel on the edge of the county line would be great if well run (no drugs, no crime, ie; the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas) Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I agree. I'm guessing most ladies mean de-criminalize vrs legalize. Prices would go down while government intrusion would go up. It would prolly be great for the hobbyist, not so great for the Ho.
I agree. I'm guessing most ladies mean de-criminalize vrs legalize. Prices would go down while government intrusion would go up. It would prolly be great for the hobbyist, not so great for the Ho. Originally Posted by bambino
Of course, if we could get the Supreme Court to recognize hobbying as a right....then we can lobby for government money and government paid ladies. Hot Damn!