What can I charge her with?

i concur with SJ. IF you get a judgment, not sure how you plan to collect on the judgment. You didn't say what state you're in but some states like Texas are very debtor friendly, others not so much.

Yo SJ, did you forget about the county attorney filing an information? This does not sound like felony level theft but hey, maybe the chick has 2 previous theft convictions???
LE/DA is not going to do anything on $300 fraud. Barely makes the cutoff for a misdeanor? I'd be more wary that the SB was aware of the fraud. Watch your back and dont get attached.
Oh come on everyone. The OP is in South Dakota. The OP pressing charges on the "friend" will be the best thing going for the local newspaper.
Judge Judy would be the ideal way to resolve this matter. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
I'm serious - this would be Judge Judy gold!
Oh come on everyone. The OP is in South Dakota. The OP pressing charges on the "friend" will be the best thing going for the local newspaper. Originally Posted by pyramider
Haha, true that!
By any chance does one or both go to school in Maryville MO? lol Just wondering if I might have gotten pulled into this 2-3 weeks ago... Just wonder if the Goose is loose. lol
Very long story kept short...and my SB is pissed at her. Originally Posted by jmhawk1
Of course she is, she did not go spending that extra money with her friend, who of course knows nothing about the realtionship you have, and they were not just trying to see what else they could skim off the top.

On a similar topic, I am selling a rather large Whithouse, it is located on a prime lot in DC. Cheap!

You loose. Bust a few extra nutts in the sb and have her lick your wounds.
i concur with SJ. IF you get a judgment, not sure how you plan to collect on the judgment. You didn't say what state you're in but some states like Texas are very debtor friendly, others not so much. Originally Posted by DocHolyday
In other words, the judgment "wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on." It's unlikely a girl collecting pay for the use of her vagina will have any attachable property to satisfy a judgment.

btw, the OP stated he lives in South Dakota (Post No. 7).

Yo SJ, did you forget about the county attorney filing an information? This does not sound like felony level theft but hey, maybe the chick has 2 previous theft convictions??? Originally Posted by DocHolyday
In all the counties in the DFW SMSA, the district attorney, not the county attorney, files misdemeanor informations -- in fact, there are NO county attorneys that I'm aware of in North Texas. The only county I know of where the county attorney files informations and otherwise prosecutes misdemeanors is Travis County. Obviously, an anomaly Staff edit CC.
I do want to point out that it's the "friend" who deceived and took the money, the SB had nothing to do with it. In fact, I was able to verify my SB was with her family (I have contact with them regularly), and had no part of the ruse.

I would be going after the friend, not my SB, and my SB is willing to give statements to the police-in fact, she wants me to file a report!
...I would be going after the friend, not my SB, and my SB is willing to give statements to the police-in fact, she wants me to file a report! Originally Posted by jmhawk1
Oh come on everyone. The OP is in South Dakota. The OP pressing charges on the "friend" will be the best thing going for the local newspaper. Originally Posted by pyramider
Judge Judy would be the ideal way to resolve this matter. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
Let's all help finish writing this movie script and then sell it.
hawk only gets his loss back, but the rest of us get to split the rest, and the residuals.
Keep in mind that she could turn the tables and make things uncomfortable for you and your SB as well. I would take this advice from 'A Bronx Tale"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAuSTQUa3tM
Keep in mind that she could turn the tables and make things uncomfortable for you and your SB as well. I would take this advice from 'A Bronx Tale"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAuSTQUa3tM Originally Posted by Yoyoma
There's the answer, and the answer that can put it in perspective for my SB so she can ignore the bitch! Thanks!!!
Where is Tonto with some sage advice?
My advise, never involve the cops unless someone dies. They're not there to help. You may have some unintended consequence you didn't think about occur if you involve them for something this petty. Take your licks and keep on trucking.
...my SB is willing to give statements to the police-in fact, she wants me to file a report! Originally Posted by jmhawk1
Great plan, please let us know that played out in 2 to 5 when you get back.

Seriously dude. This is a few hundred dollars. Nothing. Go give yourself a good stare in the mirror, look at the man you see, call him a dumbass, and move on.