"Including the Scandinavian"??????

Can any of you movie or literary buffs help me out??? I've heard this phrase dropped in numerous movies, last being Alfred Hitchcocks "LifeBoat" (1944). I've heard in in recent movies as well. Google doesnt help much.The phrase is usually a sarcastic remark about publishing rights. Something like, "well ok but I get the publishing rights......including the Scandinavian"What is so important about the Scandinavian puboishing rights? Where does athis phrase originate? Was it a long ago inside joke?Help an old trivia guy out......
its a term that indicates you are reserving rights

the term "including the scandinavian" is sort of like saying "all rights reserved"

although the phrase doesnt give the any real additional rights as U.S. copyright laws give the copyright holder the exclusive right to translate a work into any language.

its outdated and unheard of in this age and out of use.

I'm not sure how old the phrase is, but its seeminly several
centuries in disuse as to effectiveness

Just looked up the phrase "all rights reserved". According to wikipedia, that has been some sort of requirement beginning in 1910, but became no longer required in 2000.
Damn!

All this time, I thought "Scandinavian" simply referred to the practice of answering 1.e4 with 1...d5.
Damn!

All this time, I thought "Scandinavian" simply referred to the practice of answering 1.e4 with 1...d5. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight

cap'n, you gonna ck me out like you did about 6'6" tall's son being senator in 1941?