Cory Booker explains why he still loves Trump

• oeb11
  • 02-04-2019, 09:20 AM
https://theweek.com/speedreads/81310...ll-loves-trump

As he gears up for a possible 2020 run, Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) hasn't changed his mind: He still loves President Trump.
Booker in an interview with The Atlantic explained why he has continuously expressed love toward the president who he opposes on countless policy issues and who has attacked him publicly on Twitter. "My faith tradition is love your enemies," he said. "It's not complicated for me, if I aspire to be who I say I am. I am a Christian American." This is not the same thing as being "complicit in oppression" or "tolerant of hatred," Booker said.
The New Jersey senator also explained that he loves Trump voters. "Millions and millions of good Americans, good decent Americans, voted for Donald Trump," he said.
"If we become a party that is about what we're against, I don't think that's a winning strategy," Booker said more broadly about the Democratic Party. "I think if we give all of our energy— psychic, mental — toward Donald Trump, it makes him powerful." Besides, "there's common pain in this country," Booker observed, and if Democrats "make Donald Trump your central focus, then it's going to be much harder to get to a sense of common purpose."
Booker also decried the polarization of the country, pointing to his experience getting "pilloried on Twitter" for hugging the late Sen. John McCain after he was diagnosed with cancer. "We are heading toward a point in my lifetime where I haven't seen a level of tribalism like this," Booker said. Read the full interview at The Atlantic. Brendan Morrow

He will be pilloried by fellow DPST's for not following their Brown-shirt jack-booted hatred of Trump and all who voted for or support Conservative causes.
I do not believe his statements- it is a smokescreen to attract votes from disaffected centrist voters. Once the cards are out - He is Tax everyone and spend like Hell -Racial Plantation Politician.

There are those on this forum known for Hatred of Trump.
having one of their own profess "Love for Trump" might severely and adversely affect those Individual(s). Pray that No One pops a gasket!!

Let me Add as a proposed response - Fake new by Nazis Who do not Know Their Stuff!!!
That's just funny ,
Dipshitacus 2020
Well, bless his little heart. For those who were not raised in the South - that's not a compliment!
  • oeb11
  • 02-04-2019, 11:54 AM
A True Southern Lady!
Respectfully, AE!
A True Southern Lady!
Respectfully, AE! Originally Posted by oeb11
AE aint from the south oeb
  • oeb11
  • 02-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Is that Outing????
Should be!
Is that Outing????
Should be! Originally Posted by oeb11
she said it about herself
Looks as if booker is playing the wolf in sheeps clothing. Only libs are dumb enough to believe that crap! He no more cares for Trump voters than he does about his own voters..
Fucking exclusionist hypocrite.
booker and his hookers?
  • grean
  • 02-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Other Dems would be smart to follow suite. They aren't going to win back any votes by ostracizing citizens who voted for Trump.

Hilary didn't get that and her comments regarding Trump supporters probably helped her lose.

Would Hilary be a obnoxious on twitter? Probably not. Would we be having a lot of other problems that are just as bad because she would have tried to push through a bunch a non sense. Would there be a special prosecutor investigating who knows what? More than likely.

Without another option, I think I'd prefer Trump's dumbass chaotic bullshit admin, over Hilary's assault on our rights.

I can't find a link to the quote, but during her first run, I heard her say that we have to give up a bit of freedom to be safe.

I thought that was the most disqualifying thing a person running for president could say. Then she went in on Trump supporters. If you're running for president, you have to at a minimum not alienate your opponent's supporters.
Other Dems would be smart to follow suite. They aren't going to win back any votes by ostracizing citizens who voted for Trump.

They won't, neither the DNC or the MSM has learned their lesson from 2016, in fact many have ramped it up and jump at any "bait" story and it blows up in their faces BIGLY!

Hilary didn't get that and her comments regarding Trump supporters probably helped her lose.

it certainly helped.

Would Hilary be a obnoxious on twitter? Probably not. Would we be having a lot of other problems that are just as bad because she would have tried to push through a bunch a non sense. Would there be a special prosecutor investigating who knows what? More than likely.

Without another option, I think I'd prefer Trump's dumbass chaotic bullshit admin, over Hilary's assault on our rights.

i would have voted for Marco Rubio over Clinton. that's how bad Clinton is as a candidate.

I can't find a link to the quote, but during her first run, I heard her say that we have to give up a bit of freedom to be safe.

I thought that was the most disqualifying thing a person running for president could say. Then she went in on Trump supporters. If you're running for president, you have to at a minimum not alienate your opponent's supporters. Originally Posted by grean

Bill Clinton told her that about the white vote. She listened to Mook and Podesta over a guy who actually was a 2 term president and 4 term Governor before that. And her husband. but when did that matter between them? lol

then she utters her "basket of deplorables" arrogant ass comment and she'll wear that Titanic around her neck till dead.

BAHAA

I thought that was the most disqualifying thing a person running for president could say. Then she went in on Trump supporters. If you're running for president, you have to at a minimum not alienate your opponent's supporters. Originally Posted by grean
I agree and Booker is being smart about this with his statements.

Those broke blue collar voters who voted for Trump might have done so since Hillary called them "deplorables". That might have cost her the election.
  • oeb11
  • 02-05-2019, 07:13 AM
Bill Clinton told her that about the white vote. She listened to Mook and Podesta over a guy who actually was a 2 term president and 4 term Governor before that. And her husband. but when did that matter between them? lol

then she utters her "basket of deplorables" arrogant ass comment and she'll wear that Titanic around her neck till dead.

BAHAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
It will be on her gravestone Inscription and on the books as long as she is remembered!
the title of this thread uses the word "still"

id say its more like "now"