City Name In Title

Mods -

Not sure if this has been asked before. I searched and couldn't find anything.

Would it be possible to recommend or even require the city name in the title of all Encounters? It would make finding relevant posts much easier since West Texas is comprised of so many places.

I realize the search function can also be of use, but this would be one less step.

Thank you.
Well....
That would require a redesign of that section, for all forums.
That would be way down the list of things that might be nice to be done
I guess I was asking more from a best practices perspective. Not really a new field that would need to be added to the form, but more a recommendation or rule like other rules that govern the Encounters sections.

Just food for thought. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I have asked about this in the past. It would be really simple, put the City in the header or you don't get Premium Access credit.
A few years back we all discussed this and it used to be a best practice. When it was really busy out here, it was pretty much a must do being West TX is so big. I still do it myself, but I've noticed some of the fellas have gotten away from it.
The search function actually does work. Just some of you are too lazy to use it.
The search function has nothing to do with simply putting the City in header. What is lazy is not doing it, it would take all of 5 seconds.
Was just saying it works well. It's doubtful that the programmers will ever make it a mandatory field in the title.
The search function yields varying results, because of the lack of uniformity with how guys write the city where the encounter happened.
Odessa is sometimes Odessa, Midland, Midlands, Midessa, M/O, etc. Amarillo is sometimes Amarillo, AMA, Y-town, etc.
Each of of these terms requires a separate search.
Understood- was giving it as an optional way to find things.
Thought about making a private discord for those of us who are local in amarillo, but i doubt they mods will let me post it
Would be nice if the title automatically populates a concatenation of the provider name and the city.
As of now , the easiest way still is if guys mention the city in the title. Just makes it easier for everyone. Yes , would be nice if it makes you do it automatically but the system is not set up that way yet...
As of now , the easiest way still is if guys mention the city in the title. Just makes it easier for everyone. Yes , would be nice if it makes you do it automatically but the system is not set up that way yet... Originally Posted by delimex007
This would be considerate and helpful