How far will the Chiefs Go

Okay everyone I want to hear your thoughts and opinions on the Chiefs under the new head coach Romeo Crennell

Let me know what you think and let the football fly.
There should be another option:

o None and less then none
There should be another option:

o None and less then none Originally Posted by The DarkSide
Well that is where Other comes in Dark Side
I'm thinking if they have a winning season, that will be an accomplishment
In looking at their schedule and seeing the potential that they have, I don't think that a 9-7 season is out of the question. More likely it will be 7-9, just because two games could be decided on strange bounces of the ball. And, yes, they'll be going to the Super Bowl - as spectators. We're lucky that the AFC West is such a weak division.
10-6. AFC West Champions. They win the first game in the playoffs but lose after that. Why? They were 7-9 last year (still almost winning the West) while losing 4 key members of the team with injuries causing them to miss significant chunks of the season (all in some cases). This included their best offensive (Charles) and best defensive (Berry) players. Since then they have upgraded both offensive and defensive lines in free agency and the draft. They have several other players entering the prime of their careers. Barring injury, the defense will be amazing this year. Offense can be very solid.
SmutMonkey, I do love an optimist
Eh, I pick 10-6 every year! ;-) I'm bound to be right eventually.
ask me after the first game preseason isn't a good way to tell.
They will go to the Post Season playoff's but won't make the Superbowl other than being a spectator as mentioned before, just like the rest of us.
  • ii10
  • 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
All I can say is that that is the best pre-season game by the Chiefs in recent memory. Then again, my memory isn't that great And as a homer, I usually buy into the hype every year. And people wonder why I have grey hair? Go Mizzou, Royals, & Chiefs!
Eh, I pick 10-6 every year! ;-) I'm bound to be right eventually. Originally Posted by KCSmutMonkey
someday monkey someday
Eh, I pick 10-6 every year! ;-) I'm bound to be right eventually. Originally Posted by KCSmutMonkey
So in other words, you are an optimist AND a glutton for punishment - my kinda guy!
I say they go 11-5, they won 7 with several starters out lastyear and they got a coach thats gonna let them play this year lastyear everything had go go thru Coach Haley
They aren't very deep at all. As with last season, it will only take a few starters to go out with injury and they become the bottom of the worst div in the NFL. If everything goes their way they could win the div. If they have a few problems then the wheels will come off and they won't get any where.

BTW, this is a dumb thing to speculate about but the sports books in Vegas love it. The only smart thing to do is evaluate games a day before they are played based on all of the info you can get. Trying to predict a season is for fools.