State of the Union comments go here

I'll start.

If you have assets in US dollars, NOW is the time to get them the hell OUT of US dollars and into some other, more stable currency.

Obama asked Congress to raise the Federal minimum wage from $7.25/hr to $9/hr, AND to index it to the cost of living.

That is as sure a recipe for unstoppable, uncontrollable inflation as I have ever heard.

The labor content of the products isn't going to be reduced 20%, to match the 20% hike in the cost of that labor content. That means that the prices ARE going to go up. Sooner or later, those increased prices are going to show up in the Cost of Living index. With the minimum wage indexed to the COL, that means the minimum wage goes up, meaning the prices must go up again.
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM
If you think Congress is going to do that you need to put all your assets in a mental ward
I'm drowning, drowning, drowning, in a sea of Libtard Platitudes.

ha ha ha ha
I'll start.

If you have assets in US dollars, NOW is the time to get them the hell OUT of US dollars and into some other, more stable currency.

Obama asked Congress to raise the Federal minimum wage from $7.25/hr to $9/hr, AND to index it to the cost of living.

That is as sure a recipe for unstoppable, uncontrollable inflation as I have ever heard.

The labor content of the products isn't going to be reduced 20%, to match the 20% hike in the cost of that labor content. That means that the prices ARE going to go up. Sooner or later, those increased prices are going to show up in the Cost of Living index. With the minimum wage indexed to the COL, that means the minimum wage goes up, meaning the prices must go up again. Originally Posted by Sidewinder
I was driving in my car and listening to the speech. When he got to the part about tying the min wage to the cost of living index I just about drove off the road. My thoughts exactly - all that would accomplish would be an ever tightening spiral of inflation.

Labor costs go up - costs get passed to consumer - CPI goes up - CPI triggers automatic increase in min wage - labor costs go up - costs get passed to consumer......and around the mulberry bush we go.

Am I wrong here? Is this the dumbest idea ever, or am I missing something?
During the State of the Union, Obama oddly said that "voting lines" are the biggest threat to our civil liberties, not the Patriot Act, NDAA, FISA... all of which he voted for.

Abby Martin
the president challenged Congress to Vote on something.

Say what you will, but your elected pusswipes won't even do that.

I guess we'll never know what they're made of until they need to actually cast a vote.

and I'm pretty sure the dipshits in here support obstructionism over negotiation and compromise.

As long as that's the attitude, you assholes have to STFU until your representatives go to fucking work!
I think obstructing Obama's policies is the best thing this Congress can do. But then you wouldn't think so, since you hate freedom and want government control over everything. That may be why you were overwhelming elected . . .

DIPSHIT OF THE YEAR 2013

ASSUP!!!

Hereminded me of red buttons old roast jokes:

Abraham Lincoln who said, a house divided is a ..... Condominium... Never got a vote

Ben Hur, who said to his sister, Ben Him, we better switch names, never got a vote

Any way, the "American people don't expect government to solve every problem" and then he lists a complete list of democrat government solutions to
every perceived problem in his ideology.

He misses the real ones:

The choking debt

The hollowing of the military at a very scary time

Taking our supreme assets, energy, and strangling it with faux concerns and regulations while at the same time setting up more government alternative energy solutions as if solyndra wasn't enough

Wasn't sequester his idea?
Obama will go down as The Great Divider. He is the most divisive person that has ever held the office of president.
the president challenged Congress to Vote on something.

Say what you will, but your elected pusswipes won't even do that.

I guess we'll never know what they're made of until they need to actually cast a vote.

and I'm pretty sure the dipshits in here support obstructionism over negotiation and compromise.

As long as that's the attitude, you assholes have to STFU until your representatives go to fucking work! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
OH BULLSHIT!

The House is passing resolutions, Reid isn't allowing them to be voted on. Why? Because they may be passed and Obama doesn't want to veto it.

Like The Sequester. Obama PASSED IT! Now it will kick in. The HOR passed two bills so the sequester doesn't hit the military too hard. Senate hasn't voted on it. Why? Because Obama is trying to blame the Republicans for something HE passed.

Time to trot out the "hostage" rhetoric again and let the media carry the water.

BTW, inflation will hit when the Fed starts raising the rates and the bank have to start loaning out money. Bernanke already said he will start raising rates when the unemployment rate his 6%.
OH BULLSHIT!

The House is passing resolutions, Reid isn't allowing them to be voted on. Why? Because they may be passed and Obama doesn't want to veto it.

Like The Sequester. Obama PASSED IT! Now it will kick in. The HOR passed two bills so the sequester doesn't hit the military too hard. Senate hasn't voted on it. Why? Because Obama is trying to blame the Republicans for something HE passed.

Time to trot out the "hostage" rhetoric again and let the media carry the water.

BTW, inflation will hit when the Fed starts raising the rates and the bank have to start loaning out money. Bernanke already said he will start raising rates when the unemployment rate his 6%. Originally Posted by gnadfly

+1. And don't forget that pesky little thing called a budget, which hasn't been passed in the Harry Reed controlled Senate for three years. Funny though, it did get VOTED ON and out of the House.
It didn't get through the House...why?
Assup, the House has passed several budgets. You are as stupid as you are dishonest.