Easy way to help Haiti earthquake victims by someone who's also been in a 7.0 quake

The 7.0 quake has brought utter Hell to Haiti, already the poorest country in the western hemisphere. I was in a 7.0 quake near the California-Mexico border when I was a teen, and let me tell you, you never forget anything as scary as having the earth move beneath you, and not in the FUN way we all joke about. Structures collapsed and people died in that shake, too, but thank God most buildings and the government infrastructure were not in already deplorable shape like Haiti's.

Those people really need help. Ex-President Bill Clinton has a foundation you can donate to: http://www.clintonfoundation.org/haitiearthquake, but if you want quick and easy, text HAITI (all caps) to 20222, and $10 will be added to your cell phone bill. You'll get a message asking for confirmation, and just text YES (again all caps) back, and you're done. If everybody on this site does that, we can substantially relieve a lot of suffering.

Having been in a bad quake, I just can't tell you how devastating it is emotionally, physically, financially. Not having even the most basic of services, or clean water, food, clothes, medicine, can make you hopeless when you're already miserable. In my case we were talking a day or two at most, but the people of Haiti are facing WEEKS of deprivation. Many will die without immediate help, and to have that going on as well as being in fear of deadly aftershocks, the world crumbling around you.....It's 10 bucks, people. Buy less beer (or whiskey, in my case) for one lousy day. Thanks.
It is just AWFUL to see all that devastation and sadness! My plan is to donate $10-$20 per client for the rest of this month through February to the Red Cross for disaster relief. I am also going to accept donations from my clients to go to the same.

If everyone gave $1 to $5, they would have SO much help! I hope to never have to be in such a situation but we just never know, do we?

--v
Excellent idea, vnurse! Ditto $10 from my 2-hour basic sessions, $20 from 3-hour advanced appointments, $40 from dinner dates. Let's get the snowball rolling!
quick and easy[/B], text HAITI (all caps) to 20222, and $10 will be added to your cell phone bill. You'll get a message asking for confirmation, and just text YES (again all caps) back, and you're done. If everybody on this site does that, we can substantially relieve a lot of suffering. Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
something like $8milli been raised all together though the texts! instead of asking or planning to do cash donation w clients, to aid the Hatian people, it would be QUICK AND EASY to do it WITH the client. do it & show the text & confirmation right there, together! or have the guy do it instead on his phone, let that be the 10 or 20 redux from a session (or maybe provide extra time??). it is a goood idea Fancyinheels. charitable discounts LOL hoes with hearts of gold

everyone has a cell phone, if you have $ for hobbies you prob got a few dollars to spare!

might be a little bonding for a few mins talk about what natural disasters you been through.

talk about the weather!!
something like $8milli been raised all together though the texts! instead of asking or planning to do cash donation w clients, to aid the Hatian people, it would be QUICK AND EASY to do it WITH the client. do it & show the text & confirmation right there, together! or have the guy do it instead on his phone, let that be the 10 or 20 redux from a session (or maybe provide extra time??). it is a goood idea Fancyinheels. charitable discounts LOL hoes with hearts of gold

everyone has a cell phone, if you have $ for hobbies you prob got a few dollars to spare!

might be a little bonding for a few mins talk about what natural disasters you been through.

talk about the weather!! Originally Posted by bluejewel
Bump. Haiti still needs help.

If you don't like Clinton's organ (even though Monica certainly did), er, organization,you can text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross relief efforts.