This is a thought provoking topic for our Active & retired Veterans.

Given my appreciation and concern for the men & women who serve our country.
I wanted to put forth something to those individuals whom have seen the war up close & personal.

***PLEASE accept my apology in advance if this offends anyone. If it does. Please pull the thread w.o hesitation. As my intent is not to offend nor upset anyone.***
I welcome your honest & straight forward opinion. Yes, even if you whole heartily disagree. This is about wanting to support ya'll in every way possible.
Through the good & the bad!

Upon watching the movie *Brothers* as well as other similar movies that pertain to the wars.
There was a moment in the movie * Brothers* where the guy came home( After they thought he was dead) a changed man. (not for the better).
The movie showed *why*. But the heart wrenching scene played by little girl (whom played the role of his daughter. Was heart breaking to watch. Her daddy was a changed man. It scared her.
The little girl saw a change in her dad (for the worse) That many families in today's society see in their loved ones whom return from war.

I have a soft spot in my heart for you military men & and women. Your all amazing souls for putting your life on the line for not only our country but other countries full of strangers.

So my question to the vets & or active duty military men.

Having met many wonderful military vets (of all ages) in and out of the hobby.
I've encountered many whom returned with missing limbs & disfigurments & burns all over their body & face.
The physical, emotional and mental pain they encounter is heart wrenching.

How would those of (you) feel about someone whom you considered a friend attending a support group with you? A group wherein other vets share their stories amongst's those whom have served & experienced & seen it all first hand. Would an outsider. Someone you considered a friend. Be offensive to you if they sat in on the support group? So they could get a better understanding of how to be the friend you need w/o asking you on a daily basis to talk about it. Would having them attend a support group with you be welcomed or frowned upon?

I ask because, Yes I would like to attend one with a Vet. But I would never want to offend anyone.
I have an understanding of what you all went through. Though. I don't know what pain you carry within.
Nor would I want to speculate.