Clarification on Review Field Expected Value

Hello,

If this is in the wrong forum, please move appropriately. I'm not really looking to toss myself under the bus all on my own.

Before I write my next review, I'm curious is the "Recommend" field intended to be binary - Yes/No - and nothing more?

My recommendation would not be a 'Yes', but not sure how other providers would perceive a 'No' review from a generally UTR hobbyist. It'd be my second in like 4-5 years. I don't want to find it harder for myself to book a provider because of it.

Without divulging any BCD info, admittedly (to be fair), the not-Yes is not entirely her doing. I should've been more patient and less impulsive and finished my own research.

Thanks in advance for the insight.

Peace,
Joseph
It's feels a little precocious for me to answer a question to someone who's been on the boards longer than I have, but since you've only got one review maybe you're more of a lurker ... so here goes:

I'm curious is the "Recommend" field intended to be binary - Yes/No - and nothing more? Originally Posted by DryLightning
Absolutely. The review form gives you two choices for yes/no without the ability to type any free-form text. Some reviewers hack around that by editing the review after posting it, trying to be clever or to post something neutral.

... not sure how other providers would perceive a 'No' review from a generally UTR hobbyist. ... I don't want to find it harder for myself to book a provider because of it. Originally Posted by DryLightning
That's a general perception that providers will be reluctant to book a customer who writes a bad review. But I don't sense that's the case - my own reviews started with a chain of BP providers, which were 50/50 on yes/no - and I don't think it hurt me in the long run. Good providers don't (or shouldn't) mind when you "no" a bad provider - more business for them.

If you write a 'no' review of a provider who has a sterling reputation, you will probably catch a lot of flack from her regulars and get a cold breeze from the providers in her clique. And there is the occasional WK (who seem to be less vocal these days, but it comes and goes) who will jump all over you if you say anything negative about his personal faves - plus the drama queen for whom one "no" review elicits a tantrum (which is undignified, but sometimes fun to watch).

Without divulging any BCD info, admittedly (to be fair), the not-Yes is not entirely her doing. Originally Posted by DryLightning
Wow, that does put you in the grey zone. If you had a bad session and it was entirely, or partially, your fault, the provider will (justly) say that the "no" is unfair. It's hard to say without the details. Maybe you could open a thread in the ML and be more specific?

If you would be willing to try again with that same provider, I'd stick to a "yes" and disclose the drawbacks of that particular session in the ROS details. If her behavior caused or exacerbated the problem, and your sense is that she'd be just as awful the next time (or for the next client), you owe the community a "no" review.

The good providers will understand and will not hold it against you, so long as you're fair .... those that will hold it against you are probably going to be trouble in other ways and it's just as well they eliminate themselves from your TDL.
I like the above response, well reasoned and in my opinion provides a fair to all answer.

I, would edit the Yes/No with a mea culpa, or My Bad. As you admitted, you did not do the necessary research, so more than likely things did not progress as you thought, body type was not what you were looking for, age may have been a factor, she may have been Anglo, you were expecting Afro-American. These things are on you.

If you were expecting certain activities and they were not on her published menu, or it was not mentioned in her reviews, it's on you.

If she suddenly decided not to do a BBBJ and has in the past, it may have to do with your personal hygiene.

Now the reasons for a No where it is her fault - trashed incall, dog poop, soiled diapers (non-adult sized or even adult sized) 'Hot sheets' and not out of the dryer...

Height/weight do not match profile, on her monthly yet did not tell you, "brother/sister/mother/father/boyfriend/manager" in either the bathroom behind the shower curtain, in a closet, hanging outside the door, in a nearby stairwell, etc., stanky breath or body odor, cats or dogs when you are allergic, etc., these are on her and a No is completely justified and hell, I would say mandatorily required, unless you are into all of the above.

I hope this reply was just as well reasoned as the other, although obviously not as well thought out, but slightly funnier.
It's feels a little precocious for me to answer a question to someone who's been on the boards longer than I have, but since you've only got one review maybe you're more of a lurker ... so here goes:

Absolutely. The review form gives you two choices for yes/no without the ability to type any free-form text. Some reviewers hack around that by editing the review after posting it, trying to be clever or to post something neutral.

That's a general perception that providers will be reluctant to book a customer who writes a bad review. But I don't sense that's the case - my own reviews started with a chain of BP providers, which were 50/50 on yes/no - and I don't think it hurt me in the long run. Good providers don't (or shouldn't) mind when you "no" a bad provider - more business for them.

If you write a 'no' review of a provider who has a sterling reputation, you will probably catch a lot of flack from her regulars and get a cold breeze from the providers in her clique. And there is the occasional WK (who seem to be less vocal these days, but it comes and goes) who will jump all over you if you say anything negative about his personal faves - plus the drama queen for whom one "no" review elicits a tantrum (which is undignified, but sometimes fun to watch).

Wow, that does put you in the grey zone. If you had a bad session and it was entirely, or partially, your fault, the provider will (justly) say that the "no" is unfair. It's hard to say without the details. Maybe you could open a thread in the ML and be more specific?

If you would be willing to try again with that same provider, I'd stick to a "yes" and disclose the drawbacks of that particular session in the ROS details. If her behavior caused or exacerbated the problem, and your sense is that she'd be just as awful the next time (or for the next client), you owe the community a "no" review.

The good providers will understand and will not hold it against you, so long as you're fair .... those that will hold it against you are probably going to be trouble in other ways and it's just as well they eliminate themselves from your TDL. Originally Posted by John4229

Good answer!
Much thanks for the feedback guys! I'll take it into acccount when I write my review this weekend. Appreciate the insight. Have a good one!