Switch in Role Play

What does being a switch mean in role play terms to everybody and do you consider yourself a switch,???
  • g1102
  • 03-05-2014, 10:07 AM
To me a switch can play top or bottom. (I identify as a Dominate but I can switch if the circumstances are right.) just my opinion
Yeah, a switch is someone who can be both dom or sub. Yes, absolutely-- I'm a switch. Now the question is, can one "switch" in the middle of a session. I say yes.
  • g1102
  • 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Now that would take skill. Are you ambidextrous as well? One other question: I have noticed when I write I use top and Dom / bottom and sub interchangeable. I do it to describe who is giving or receiving the attention during a scene. Just curious if there were any thoughts on that?
1102, I agree with how you ID Top and Dom togethere and sub and bottom. I find the open minded ability to be a switch allows for growth and better experiences....
Yeah, a switch is someone who can be both dom or sub. Yes, absolutely-- I'm a switch. Now the question is, can one "switch" in the middle of a session. I say yes. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
You bet you can!
Not to complicate matters, but when the bottom tells the top their likes and dislikes ahead of time and the top uses the bottom's input, is the bottom really topping from the bottom and does that make the bottom a switch...I was posed this question from a dom friend of mine once and I just scratched my head! LOL!!!
You just gave me a headache. That is like which came first-- the chicken or the egg

Not to complicate matters, but when the bottom tells the top their likes and dislikes ahead of time and the top uses the bottom's input, is the bottom really topping from the bottom and does that make the bottom a switch...I was posed this question from a dom friend of mine once and I just scratched my head! LOL!!! Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna
I think Dom/sub and Top/bottom are different.
Dom/sub to me implies more of a state of mind and an attitude, wheras Top/bottom is more of an activity or what you do. Generally the Top is the one who is doing the activity and the bottom is the one who is being done.
Dom/sub describes more of the relationship between the two participants.
I am what they call an Alpha Sub.

An “alpha submissive” woman (or a “submissive alpha female”) is assertive and even aggressive when the situation demands it, I would not say that she is dominant. To me, the word “dominance” connotes power over others (or another)—whereas by the “alpha” prefix I meant more a power from within that does not really seek to dominate others but often ends up being in charge anyway.

I find myself in situations with men who have not adequately research me, expecting me to take control and Domme them, it's not my nature, but this is a customer service industry...

In relation to your question, the others have answered it quite well, and yes, power exchange going from one partner to the other during a date is quite fun when it's been spoken about prior. :-)
I consider myself a switch...
IMHO you are not topping from the bottom if you have a conversation with a provider (especially if its your first time with a provider) to ensure your wants/needs are met. knowing expectations prior to the date will help the chemistry during the date.
houston_switch
I totally agree you must talk out what is desired and thats only thru good communication...
Not to complicate matters, but when the bottom tells the top their likes and dislikes ahead of time and the top uses the bottom's input, is the bottom really topping from the bottom and does that make the bottom a switch...I was posed this question from a dom friend of mine once and I just scratched my head! LOL!!! Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna

BIG KAHUNA LONG TIME NO SEE... I LOVE THAT YOU BROUGHT THAT UP. THIS IS GBG (Ginger Bread Girl) I FIND ME EXTREMELY SUBconciously thinking and acting on situations when I am called to be DOMME - I can and will do just about anything to please the sub who wanted ME. In instances where I am submissive and all my needs and wants are treated with that much respect or careful planning I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO KEEP MY MISTRESS OR MASTER HAPPY.
KIND OF ODD I SAY MASTER, RIGHT? Well I think the slave aspect is also intriguing{doing things because you have to not the choice but the ...it's hard to explain I am kinda new to the game... and none really is helping by explaining things just life experiences you know.} SLAVE IS HOT BUT NOT FOR ME.It's kinda of more like what a certain Misstress I once had kinda wanted(but she'd never admit it to me or anybody else hahahahaha) - no one you know lol . I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THE MARQUIS DE SADE THING BEING TIED STANDING ARMS ABOVE MY HEAD AND SPREAD BACK BARE AFTER REMOVING THE RIBBON OF A CORSET.WOWZERS!!!
So anyways right... I am a switch as well but could never be a slave because I am only submissive as long as I am having fun while I play. I can easily go from BOTTOM to TOP if I
a) am actually hurt past my sense of reasonable amount of pain
b) if I get bored and want to terrorize my Mistress so she will punish me the good old fashioned way with a huge plastic strap on cock
c) if I feel like I'd be doing a better job in charge or
D) THE BEST REASON OF ALL
I HAVE CAME SO MANY TIMES I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AND I HAVE TO SHOW HOW THANKFUL I AM AND MORE LIKE AN ANIMALLISTIC TYPE OF WAY RETURN THE FAVOR

BOTTOMS UP EVERYONE!!!
Wow that was hot... maybe an ad, but very hot indeed....
h_s
You bet you can! Originally Posted by Jackpotvinny
Yes, indeed you can!

I consider myself a switch as well.