Iowa lawsuit pits gay rights against religious freedom

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iowa-laws...161237064.html

a gay student tries to run for VP in a christian group. group would not let this student into the leadership position.

The case pits a university policy barring discrimination based on sexual orientation against the religious beliefs of a 10-member group called Business Leaders in Christ. The group sued after the state's flagship university in Iowa City revoked its campus registration in November.

The group says its membership is open to everyone, but that its leaders must affirm a statement of faith that rejects homosexuality. The university says it respects the right of students, faculty and staff to practice the religion of their choice but does not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
GAY SPAM

Stick to what you know, BONE COLLECTOR!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/iowa-laws...161237064.html

a gay student tries to run for VP in a christian group. group would not let this student into the leadership position.

The case pits a university policy barring discrimination based on sexual orientation against the religious beliefs of a 10-member group called Business Leaders in Christ. The group sued after the state's flagship university in Iowa City revoked its campus registration in November.

The group says its membership is open to everyone, but that its leaders must affirm a statement of faith that rejects homosexuality. The university says it respects the right of students, faculty and staff to practice the religion of their choice but does not tolerate discrimination of any kind. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
THough i am agnostic, i am with the Christians here. IF ITS THEIR STATED policy, to lead you must affirm your ties to god, and part of that is rejecting homosexuality, then a GAY PERSON Can't hold it.

Much like if i was holding a Pro-2A club on campus, and to lead one must be a card carrying NRA member, i would NOT say they would be discriminating, if they had a ANTI-GUN nut who wanted to join and they said "SORRY BUB, but no dice!"//
THough i am agnostic, i am with the Christians here. IF ITS THEIR STATED policy, to lead you must affirm your ties to god, and part of that is rejecting homosexuality, then a GAY PERSON Can't hold it.

Much like if i was holding a Pro-2A club on campus, and to lead one must be a card carrying NRA member, i would NOT say they would be discriminating, if they had a ANTI-GUN nut who wanted to join and they said "SORRY BUB, but no dice!"// Originally Posted by garhkal
the gay guy can join the group, but can't hold the leadership position, an obvious of conflict of interest situation if he is not willing to hold to those beliefs.
  • WTF
  • 01-17-2018, 08:04 AM
The group sued after the state's flagship university in Iowa City revoked its campus registration in November.

The group says its membership is open to everyone, but that its leaders must affirm a statement of faith that rejects homosexuality. The university says it respects the right of students, faculty and staff to practice the religion of their choice but does not tolerate discrimination of any kind. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
So the Christians want to be part of the University and the University says it's membership must be open to all to be a part of the University and the Christians run a sham ''open to all'' model, get caught and kicked out of the University because they will not follow the rules of the University they want to join?

Sounds about right.

BONE COLLECTOR simply wants to have his dick pics and eat them too.
Sounds about right.

BONE COLLECTOR simply wants to have his dick pics and eat them too. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
azzplug... you're the one with those pics, go eat them!!!!