Whistleblower: Rick Bright testifies May 14

Whistleblower: US failed to prepare, sought quick virus fix

The Trump administration failed to prepare for the onslaught of the coronavirus, then sought a quick fix by trying to rush an unproven drug to patients, a senior government scientist alleged in a whistleblower complaint Tuesday.

Dr. Rick Bright, former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, alleges he was reassigned to a lesser role because he resisted political pressure to allow widespread use of hydroxychloroquine, a malaria drug pushed by President Donald Trump. He said the Trump administration wanted to “flood” hot spots in New York and New Jersey with the drug.

“I witnessed government leadership rushing blindly into a potentially dangerous situation by bringing in a non-FDA approved chloroquine from Pakistan and India, from facilities that had never been approved by the FDA,” Bright said Tuesday on a call with reporters. “Their eagerness to push blindly forward without sufficient data to put this drug into the hands of Americans was alarming to me and my fellow scientists.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...c93_story.html

All hail the great leader, 73k dead and counting.

The Trump administration failed to prepare for the onslaught of the coronavirus, then sought a quick fix by trying to rush an unproven drug to patients, a senior government scientist alleged in a whistleblower complaint Tuesday.

Dr. Rick Bright, former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, alleges he was reassigned to a lesser role because he resisted political pressure to allow widespread use of hydroxychloroquine, a malaria drug pushed by President Donald Trump. He said the Trump administration wanted to “flood” hot spots in New York and New Jersey with the drug.

“I witnessed government leadership rushing blindly into a potentially dangerous situation by bringing in a non-FDA approved chloroquine from Pakistan and India, from facilities that had never been approved by the FDA,” Bright said Tuesday on a call with reporters. “Their eagerness to push blindly forward without sufficient data to put this drug into the hands of Americans was alarming to me and my fellow scientists.”

All hail the great leader, 73k dead and counting. Originally Posted by Jaxson66
Actually the unproven Drug that Anthony Fauci is pushing is Remdesivir. This drug hasn't gone through enough clinical trials to warrant it's use.
But the other one has, Levi?

Wrap a towel around your head and kiss your ass goodbye. The end is nears!
  • oeb11
  • 05-07-2020, 08:39 AM
http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-new...-covid-19.html

On May 1, two days after early data from the remdesivir trials was released, the Food and Drug Administration approved emergency use of the drug for the treatment of COVID-19.

FDA has approved remdesivir for use against Wuhan virus - likely to be used for hospitalized patients with severe manifestations.
HCQ >>> $5 per dose, off patent

Remdesivir >>> $1000 a dose, Fauci gets royalties

The whole idea of government/government funded (universities) employees owning patents is ridiculous and should be outlawed. These drugs are developed on government grounds, by government staff, with government money. They should belong to the people.

The whole idea of government/government funded (universities) employees owning patents is ridiculous and should be outlawed. These drugs are developed on government grounds, by government staff, with government money. They should belong to the people. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme

Maybe Remdesivir is coming down. First time I heard about it, they said it was $4,400 a dose. What ever the amount, insurance will have to pay for it if it is the only authorized drug for treating COVID.

Originally Posted by Jaxson66

Dr. Bright, isn't it true that the FDA authorized the use of HC for compassionate use when no other drug was having any effect on COVID and isn't there evidence from the doctors that gave this to their patients that it worked more often than not and isn't it true that the Governor of New York asked for this drug to be used on patients in New York?

And one final question Dr. Bright, do you know of anybody that has died with HC being reported as the cause of death?

Thank you Dr. Bright, you are dismissed.

without sufficient data to put this drug into the hands of Americans was alarming to me and my fellow scientists.”

HC has been in the hands of Americans for decades with wide spread us since 1956
Trump is exhibiting all the symptoms of a hydroxychloroquine overdose

My study hasn’t been peer reviewed yet, but my evidence — based on a hunch that originated in my gut — is very strong: President Trump has overdosed on hydroxychloroquine.

Trump, who claims a “natural instinct for science" not from formal training but because his late uncle was a scientist, once used this innate ability to determine that climate change was a hoax and that windmills cause cancer. More recently he mobilized the U.S. government to make sure thousands of covid-19 patients were treated with the antimalarial hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin — because Trump’s instinct told him the drug cocktail would be a “phenomenal” “game changer.”

Sadly, evidence from all over suggests that the drugs cause heart problems and worsen death rates.

No matter! The stable genius dropped his hydroxychloroquine hypothesis faster than you can say “snake oil” and is now touting a new miracle cure for the virus: injecting the lungs with bleach, alcohol or other common disinfectants, possibly along with massive doses of heat and ultraviolet light.

Noting that disinfectants kill the virus “in a minute” on inanimate surfaces, Trump asked: “Is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside? Or almost a cleaning? … It would be interesting to check that.”

Government scientists dutifully promised to investigate the boss’s lung-bleaching idea.

The corruption running thru the great leaders court is unprecedented. Just another day living in Amerika.
33 million unemployed and 73k dead and counting, but the stock market is up today. All hail the great leader, eh.
Actually the unproven Drug that Anthony Fauci is pushing is Remdesivir. This drug hasn't gone through enough clinical trials to warrant it's use. Originally Posted by Levianon17
So, has nothing to do with the corruption throughout the great leaders court.

The Rick Bright hearing will be about corruption.

The whole idea of government/government funded (universities) employees owning patents is ridiculous and should be outlawed. These drugs are developed on government grounds, by government staff, with government money. They should belong to the people. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Royalties you say, how about the the thousands laid off at Catapiller to pay shareholders 700 million...I guess shareholders are now essential workers.

Sadly, evidence from all over suggests that the drugs cause heart problems and worsen death rates.

One study, if you could call it that from the VA which has had cold water thrown on it, does not consitute "all over". More hyperbole from jaxson who simply can't help himself.

Coronavirus patients taking hydroxychloroquine, a treatment touted by President Trump, were no less likely to need mechanical ventilation and had higher deaths rates compared to those who did not take the drug, according to a study of hundreds of patients at US Veterans Health Administration medical centers.

The study, which reviewed veterans' medical charts, was posted Tuesday on medrxiv.org, a pre-print server, meaning it was not peer reviewed or published in a medical journal. The research was funded by the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia.
"An association of increased overall mortality was identified in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone. These findings highlight the importance of awaiting the results of ongoing prospective, randomized, controlled studies before widespread adoption of these drugs,"

And before suggesting that "this study" had any empirical evidence of what it was suggesting by jaxson or the media, it should do a little more research. Fat chance. That would debunk their narrative and they can't have that.

https://nationalfile.com/busted-media-uses-va-study-to-launch-easily-debunked-attack-on-hydroxychloroquine/

BUSTED: Media Uses VA ‘Study’ To Launch Easily Debunked Attack On Hydroxychloroquine

The mainstream media is hyping a “study” with data culled from Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) hospitals to justify their attack on Hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug that President Donald Trump is fighting to provide to suffering people.

The study merely polled the mostly black elderly male Coronavirus patients who have been treated at the VA through April 11.

The study cannot be used to credibly attack Hydroxychloroquine because the drug was given to sicker veterans more likely to die anyway as opposed to healthier people. The study was posted on the Internet but not reviewed by other scientists. The study claims 22 percent of people given Hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin died, whereas only 11 percent died with regular care, but the study even notes that this result was expected due to the severe pre-existing conditions of the patients given the Trump-touted drug.

The study made no mention of VA doctors prescribing Zinc along with Hydroxychloroquine, even though doctors and medical experts believe that Hydroxychloroquine can only work in partnership with Zinc. One of the authors of the study has a patent application pertaining to Coronavirus and another author took a research grant from Gilead, which is developing a competitor drug to Hydroxychloroquine (the study claimed these competing interests were unrelated to the study itself).

“Our study cohort comprised only men whose median age was over 65 years. Therefore, the results may not necessarily reflect outcomes in women or in younger hospitalized populations, nor can they be extrapolated to pediatric patients. Our findings may also be influenced by the demographic composition of patients in our cohort, the majority of whom were black…”

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/fda-issued-emergency-authorization-hydroxychloroquine-treatment-covid-19-patients-usa

A global survey found that anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly-rated treatment against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
This new survey completed by Sermo on March 27, 2020, reported 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37 percent of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

So jaxson got any other "all over" studies you would like to share with us or just the one that has been thoroughly debunked?

No matter! The stable genius dropped his hydroxychloroquine hypothesis faster than you can say “snake oil” and is now touting a new miracle cure for the virus: injecting the lungs with bleach, alcohol or other common disinfectants, possibly along with massive doses of heat and ultraviolet light.

And another lie. Damn jaxson, you just can't help yourself can you? Trump never "touted" a new miracle cure by injecting the lungs with bleach". Like Schiff, you just made that up. I would say you know better but I really don't think you do. I think you actually believe the crap you put out which now that I think about it is exactly what you say to Trump

Trump asked: “Is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside? Or almost a cleaning? … It would be interesting to check that.”
That is not "touting it's use". It was a question, a dumb question to be sure but lying about what he said and then quoting what he said, only proves your willingness to lie hopping that an intelligent person can't read the quote and see that you lied.

Now we find out that UV light may be the best way to kill the virus and I think they are using it on the subway trains in New York as we speak.

As to whether any doctor said they would look into what Trump had asked

He turned again to Dr Birx and asked if she had ever heard of using "the heat and the light" to treat coronavirus.
"Not as a treatment," Dr Birx said.
https://thehill.com/policy/transport...raviolet-lamps

NY subway cars to be disinfected with ultraviolet lamps

You are a dangerous fool jaxson and if ECCIE ever adopts the rules of YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, the mods will have to take down 99% of your posts for violating community standards for lying about what others have said. You let your emotions and hate control your mouth.

Government scientists dutifully promised to investigate the boss’s lung-bleaching idea.
Originally Posted by Jaxson66

Another lie. No government scientist promised to investigate Trump's question. If I'm wrong, show me the quote. Can't you stop lying jaxson? What is the matter with you? I agree that the dumb statement is enough to use against Trump without further lying about what he said but you just can't help yourself .
What’s to investigate? He asked a goofy question. End of story.
  • oeb11
  • 05-07-2020, 12:53 PM
j66 just fabricaates his posts. or twists even further the lies of the NYT and WacomPost.

Ignored is the FACT - that hycrochlorthiazide has been approved for use in the US by the FDA for years. It has uses in treatment of systemic Lupus, and other condtions.

A drug approved for use can be used "Off Label" for any reasonable medical use as directed by a physician.

Most pediatric drugs are not FDA approved in pediatrics - a little known "FACT"!
It is hideously expensive and difficult to do the necessary pediatric studies - so drugs are tested in adult studies and then used in pediatrics "off-label". If all drugs could only be used for FDA approved indications - our pharmacy would be basically laid bare in many areas.

J66 is just a fireman who parrots a liberal narrative - and pretends to be an authoritative expert by reproducing slanted Lies from NYT and WacomPost.

Get a life - j66 - and stick to commentary on fighting fires . I do hope you know more about that than you do about medicine and politics.

Get some professional Help - ur life can be much better!
Jaxon66 is Banned..
We as a community will not bash another member just because they cant defend their ideals and currently reside on banishment island.

Just let it go....
Jaxon66 is Banned.. Originally Posted by Danielle Silver
Thanks Dani. There’s a few more flame throwers. But, you know who they are.

Edit: The Canadian is gone too!!!!!