A great plan

I feel for you guys pain, we only have to put up with a bunch of rain. There’s a tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico, what’s new? We do that anyway. My home is in Mobile, Alabama . We are perennially one of the rainiest cities in the U.S. with a population > 100,000... anyway, is Minneapolis seriously defunding the police department? WTF? Seriously? What is the plan now? Surely no police will help the situation ...
Minneapolis, my advice is to board your shit up and run for your lives ...
It's so stupid. Defund the MPD and the Hennepin County Sherrif's office will just take over. They can't allow a major city to not have any law enforcement. Who would visit? It would be the end of the city in my opinion.
They don't have a plan yet. They seem to want to dismantle the MPD and start from scratch. If they do it right, it will be pretty awesome. The idea of a police force only for responding to crimes is a great idea. Think about it. You don't need guys in body armor with weapons giving out parking tickets or speeding tickets. Homeless and those with mental health issues wouldn't be shot or tazed just for existing. Cops wouldn't wast time on sex workers unless there is real evidence of trafficking. Sounds like utopia, but we'll have to see how it's implemented.