Nice place for drinks?

• ezman
  • 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't get out in the evenings much, so I was wondering if there were recommendations of a nice bar in the arboretum area or the burnet/183 area for drinks and conversation?
I like Bag Pipes.....183 and Burnet....same strip center as Chili's. Decent Irish food and bar food too.
  • 02-02-2010, 10:41 AM
P F Changs has a good bar and a great menu.
The bar at TruLuck's is pretty good. I also like P.F.Chang's
At the Arboretum I would say go to the CheeseCake Factory. I know is it uber corporate, but they have a cool bar, and cheese cake...

Also check out NXNW. It is a brewery/restaraunt. I don't remember if they have liquor but Beer and Wine definately.

There is a Z Tejas up there I think, and an Eddie V's.

If you are ok with going to the Domain instead of the Arboretum, there is Joe Dimaggio's. (very nice)

As others have said I am very happy with PF Changs.
Great Happy hour early and late at McCormicks and Schmicks in the Domain. Draws a good 30-40s crowd
TruLuck's is very good....
across 183 from the arboretum is baby a's in the gateway plaza and their legendary margaritas made with everlcear
across 183 from the arboretum is baby a's in the gateway plaza and their legendary margaritas made with everlcear Originally Posted by missi hart
I don't know about the margaritas but they have some of the best Fish Tacos I have had in this town.
Trulucks is good indeed!
well u love latinas. check out nuevo leon on a friday or saturday night........... many many latinas!!! Originally Posted by sixxbach
Where is this place exactly???
well not trying to hijack a thread so i edited....... but nuevo leon on e6th..... full of them..... really good margaritas
Sherlock's is also at 183 and Burnet.
  • ezman
  • 02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks ... several good ideas.
There is also Sam's Boat at Braker and Mopac. It has a pretty rockin Happy Hour and great appetizers.