Media Bias

• ztonk
  • 09-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Do you feel this picture accurately captures the bias of the various media outlets? Or is this media bias chart biased as well?

z

Any chart that has MSNBC listed as "fair persuasion" is totally bogus.
Do you feel this picture accurately captures the bias of the various media outlets? Or is this media bias chart biased as well?

z

Originally Posted by ztonk
Daily Kos belongs down by Occupy Democrats. MSNBC belongs at least where Daily Kos is now. ABC, NBC and CBS have all been caught editing their videos and audios; so, they can in no manner be called "factual" and "unbiased" reporters of the news. The fact-checkers at Politico and WaPo are similarly biased. It is not that what they say is wrong, but rather they often refuse to do analyses that would show certain liberals (e.g., hildebeest) in a bad light. Huffy is at least as biased as Fox and the Daily Mail; so, so it's obvious whoever created this graphic also has a liberal bent.
In 1780, British journalist/historian Edward Gibbon labeled the United States as a nation founded in the criminal enterprise of rebellion.

Has anything really changed with the press over the centuries?
I think it looks pretty accurate, albeit a bit skewed to the right.
I think it looks pretty accurate, albeit a bit skewed to the right. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
How can you spin this one Yssup?
This chart is complete horse shit. All news media outlets are total propaganda skewered either (mostly) liberal and a few conservative there is no neutral at all
I think that NPR is the only non biased network. They are also boring as fuck. But they don't throw in additional commentary that goes left or right.
wish I could change my vote. I voted skews liberal. I took another look at it, realized some things on their are wrong. my vote should be majorly wrong.

its a shame that 2 voters don't give a fuck. lol!
I think that NPR is the only non biased network. They are also boring as fuck. But they don't throw in additional commentary that goes left or right. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Ah, but they do. It has to do mostly with the stories they don't cover.
In 1780, British journalist/historian Edward Gibbon labeled the United States as a nation founded in the criminal enterprise of rebellion.

Has anything really changed with the press over the centuries? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Journalism changes started in the early 60's before Viet Nam due to the way the subject was taught at universities, including the highly rated journalism department at the University of Missouri in Columbia. The shift was fundamental and continues today. I shall not go into details because Carpenter thinks I write too much and thus calls me JR, who also knew how to write a complex sentence. So, go look it up yourself: if you know how to do journalistic research?

Trying to connect a Edward Gibbon with American Journalism lacks reasoning.

Maybe we should discuss his work "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"

z

Originally Posted by ztonk

IMO that chart is WAY out.. Calling NBC, CBS< ABC, CNN and MSNBC as neutral with a slight left lean, while they have fox news as 'hyper conservative', shows UBER BIAS..
  • Old-T
  • 09-08-2018, 09:35 PM
I'd move a few around, but it's a fairer depiction than most.

I'd add Al Jazeera near the middle--they are not, really, but they seem to be very conservative at times, somewhat liberal at times.

I'm not at all surprised that the votes are as they are--everyone usually believes they themselves are dead center, so of course more here will think the display is leaning left.

I don't know where to really put Infowars--they can be just plain WEIRD a lot of the time.
infowars is put at extreme conservatism, propaganda and misleading facts.

fox news is put at propaganda/misleading info.
I think that NPR is the only non biased network. They are also boring as fuck. But they don't throw in additional commentary that goes left or right. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Pity Trump wants to cut off its funding...