What are the best authentic Asian restaurants in the metro?

My ole lady loves Asian food and I end up eating it several times a week so I was looking for some different recommendations to try around town... So far Bolings and Vietnam cafe have been my favorites.
Bangkok Pavilion has great Thai food as does Thai Orchid in Mission A little hole in the wall on 39th by KUMed, Saigon 39 is also excellent!
Saigon 39 is fucking amazing. I get food there all the time. Spring rolls and pepper stir fry mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No seriously it's that fucking tasty.
Saigon 39 is fucking amazing. I get food there all the time. Spring rolls and pepper stir fry mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. No seriously it's that fucking tasty. Originally Posted by SillyGirl
Have heard great things about Saigon 39, as well, but haven't gone yet. Damn, spring rolls sound good. Let's do lunch, Lilianna!
Bangkok Pavilion has great Thai food as does Thai Orchid in Mission A little hole in the wall on 39th by KUMed, Saigon 39 is also excellent! Originally Posted by Smoking Monkey
Can you get Chao Tom at Saigon 39?
No it is a very limited menu.
City Market, SW corner, don't remember the name of the place.
ive heard the owner of saigon 39 is a mental case.
ABC Cafe near (slightly west) of the main Johnson County public library on Santa Fe in OPKS is very tasty and unique, authentic Chinese.
There is an authenic Korean resturant at 103d and Metcalf. Just a small place but the food is excellent, not expensive, service is great.
My vote is for ABC Cafe. It is amazing. The Korean restaurant just off Metcalf is great too.
My ole lady loves Asian food and I end up eating it several times a week so I was looking for some different recommendations to try around town... So far Bolings and Vietnam cafe have been my favorites. Originally Posted by blk07lac

Andy's Wok
14856 Metcalf Ave
Overland Park, Kansas

They reopened two weeks ago after moving from a larger place at 6357 West. 119th Street, OP, KS.

Fantastic Chinese food known to the community oriental groups. Better than Bolings, which is less traditional. However, Andy's Wok seems to not claim a Traditional Chinese Menu, but they do. (They just don't have the weird stuff on the Menu, ask ahead of time if you want.) Perhaps, the best place to go for the oriental families in the area. When the reopened the place was packed; just by word of mouth.

JR
Korean:
Cho Sun @ 127&Metcalf
Cho Ga @ 103rd and Metcalf (se stripmall)
Rainbow Noodle House @103rd & Metcalf (nw stripmall)

Vietnamese:
Vietnam Cafe @ 39th & Rainbow (best pho in town fo realz). Theres one in Columbus Park as well.
Pho Hoa @ Independance Ave & Paseo
Cant remember the name, but there is an Asian grocery at 3rd and Charlotte that has a restaurant in it as well. There duck is amazing.
The place in City Market (used to be on the corner) was Hong Quay. There is one in the market proper thats prett bangin as well. I believe its next to where the Pieroguys was.

"Chinese" (term used loosely-its pretty much the hodge podge of Amerasian cuisine that isnt culture specific):
Princess Garden @ 89th and Wornall has a real good Korean menu thats closer to what most people think of when going for Chinese.

Have you all tried Indian? That is such a vast heading you are sure to get something awesome.
  • KCJoe
  • 03-09-2012, 09:33 AM
City Market, SW corner, don't remember the name of the place. Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC
Are you thinking of the Vietnam Cafe at 522 Campbell? I've eaten there. I can't fully appreciate the style of food, but its different and sometimes different is a welcome change of pace from the more mundane menus options at the chain resturants.
The Korean resturant at 103d and Metcalf is the one I was trying to think of. Excellent food, great atmosphere, resonable pricing. Try it, you'll like it. (I'm just saying)