How long should it take to respond to an appointment request?

When sending a PM to schedule an appointment with a provider, how long should you expect before you hear back from them?

Providers: How long does it take you to respond? Are there Hobbyist you refuse to respond to, if so why?

Hobbyist: What are you experiencing?
A normal response time for me is less then an hour if pm or email..Within seconds if you text me and I know you who your are or you include the right info like handle and refs.....

I may not respond as fast or at all to a text that say just.."hey" or "lets fuck"
I pride myself on quick customer service, even if just to let them know that I received their request and will be in contact with them shortly. This waiting a day or two days or never is ridiculous in my opinion... Especially when it comes to waiting on references from providers for those clients.
I see a pattern developing here!
No more than a half a day for me. If the lady hasn't responded by then, then she's not interested or she doesn't take the time to deal with pm's. Either way, its bad business practice to not at least acknowledge someone!!
Its a case by case basis for me nowadays. Its not uncommon for me to have already met a lady im interested in in person before I send them a pm.
  • LynnT
  • 07-05-2011, 12:44 PM
It depends, sometimes I get back within the hour/minutes, sometimes a day or two. Usually the same day with in hours. Depends whats going on, if its a tour day etc. Or Im handling my day business. Or like last night I had a horrible headache I couldnt shake so I didnt check my mail.. couldnt see straight my head hurt so bad, was still even lingering this am.. I replied to everyone this morning.. I try to check mail as often as I can also for ladies checking references.

I dont do much for same day appointments unless we've seen each other already so I get beck as soon as I can to coordinate times that will work or info they are looking for. I dont carry my hobby phone unless Im expecting a call for screening etc and obviously I cant be at the computer every minute..

I do reply to all even if its to say sorry Im booked would you like to possibly visit another time?. (except for the idiots) "Like the guy that will email "r u available now?" What? No hello, name ,nothing, cant even type 3 whole words to me... They contacted me from an ad that clearly states no one liners and introduce yourself like a gentleman, be prepared to give some info as I screen.. etc.
Usually I answer back immediately..if at least to say .." would love to see you! I am checking your references in meantime"

customer service is a priority
As I'm sure some of you suspected I want to share my personal experience with trying to schedule an appointment via PM'S. Since I have no other choice as they do not list a phone number I must PM. I have sent out 25 PM'S in the last three weeks in Austin and San Antonio. ONLY one responded. An appointment was scheduled then the provider canceled. The rest have yet to respond. Five have NOT opened the PM'S yet and they are all 10-14 days old! What's funny is I see some of them posting yet they don't have time to respond to PM'S? I wish ECCIE could implement a way to purge inactive providers! Even more frustrating is when I see reviews coming in while I wait for responses?! You probably think I want to post their names and give them the kiss my ass happy face, but that’s not it! I think that the providers that weighed in here no doubt are taking care of business. But what’s the deal with the rest of the providers? I'll be in Las Vegas on Thursday. I sent out 8 PM'S trying to secure an appointment! NO RESPONSES! And the providers wonder why we still use BP! Thank goodness for ATFS, but trying to navigate uncharted territory is getting to be a night mirror!

Oh and spare me the move on posts! Thanks!
Move on.....

I couldn't resist....
I usually respond quickly if I am setting play dates
1: Ladies have personal lives & obligations and such, they should not be expected to drop everything and reply within a moments notice.
Thus contacting the ladies with advance notice on both your parts. Allows her time to reply back, screen you and make sure said date is one that will not collide with her personal life obligations.

IF the lady happens to reply back quickly. Consider yourself lucky. As she's probably utilizing her mobile internet access which allowed her ease of access to her PM's/emails to reply back.
Most have it, some don't. So don't contact a lady with expectations of receiving a quick reply.

2: Sure there are. One doesn't nor shouldn't have to express why.
Every lady reserves the right to refuse communication with anyone she deems fit.
I realize that may not sit well with some. But no lady owes any hobbyist a reason why she won't see him or why she won't reply to him. And vice versa.
If it's been 3 weeks since you've contacted certain ladies w/o receiving a reply in return. You pretty got your answer. Move on.

When sending a PM to schedule an appointment with a provider, how long should you expect before you hear back from them?

Providers: How long does it take you to respond? Are there Hobbyist you refuse to respond to, if so why?

Hobbyist: What are you experiencing? Originally Posted by Still Looking
1: Ladies have personal lives & obligations and such, they should not be expected to drop everything and reply within a moments notice.
Thus contacting the ladies with advance notice on both your parts. Allows her time to reply back, screen you and make sure said date is one that will not collide with her personal life obligations.

IF the lady happens to reply back quickly. Consider yourself lucky. As she's probably utilizing her mobile internet access which allowed her ease of access to her PM's/emails to reply back.
Most have it, some don't. So don't contact a lady with expectations of receiving a quick reply.

2: Sure there are. One doesn't nor shouldn't have to express why.
Every lady reserves the right to refuse communication with anyone she deems fit.
I realize that may not sit well with some. But no lady owes any hobbyist a reason why she won't see him or why she won't reply to him. And vice versa.
If it's been 3 weeks since you've contacted certain ladies w/o receiving a reply in return. You pretty got your answer. Move on.
Originally Posted by Wicked Milf

Stunning, I'm just think of all the therapy you saved me! I totally whole heartedly disagree with you! First of all I never said I expect someone to "DROP EVERYTHING"! Perhaps you should go back and reread my post! Two and three weeks for a provider to respond to a PM!? Give me a fringing break. Oh guess what, I just got a reply from 5 weeks ago with an apology from a provider in Houston. It would seem she was on an extended vacation and NOW needs money! Perhaps you might consider things like common decency, respect, kindness or even customer service! While I certainly understand as a provider you owe no one anything, how about treating people the way you would like to be treated? Does it sound like I'm mad that some one isn't selling me my candy? Hell no! It would be nice to hear the candy store is sold out or closed so the candy store right down the street can get my business! Hobbyist have personal lives also not just providers! If there is one thing I can't stand its "ANYONE" who thinks there shit don't stink! While I single out no one, this holier than thou attitude is disgraceful. We’re all human being deserving of respect, and when you lose sight of that... look out! Pay back is a bitch! I can just imagine a provider having multiple cancellations causing them financial hardship? Oh wait a minute, that happens doesn't it? I read about it all the time. We don't owe each other anything? I respectfully thank you for your input. But I am certainly grateful it is not shared by many a provider. Thanks for the "Move On" it really hit the spot!
I rarely if ever book same day appointments. I'll contact a provider a week or days in advance of when I am interested in meeting. That way, I allow her time to get my message, reply, and then go through any screening process BEFORE actually setting a day or time. I will also contact the provider via PM, e-mail, P411, and/or any other method I know of. I don't anticipate a provider to reply within an hour. As a matter of fact, I gladly expect a provider reply within 24 hours. I, too, have been there with provider who never reply. I find it a bit off-putting. If I took the effort to contact, please within a reasonable amount of time at least acknowledge my contact.
I occasionally book same day appointments depending on if he has been a previous client of mine. I always respond quickly to all messages and texts and calls.