Liquid Condoms...Your Thoughts?

Apparently China (and now Germany, albeit a different manner of application) have been using liquid condoms, as a safe sex option for years...

One such one...

http://www.intimategadgets.com/produ...-condom-3-pack

...and another using nano silver as anti-viral/bacterial...

http://www.nextnature.net/2010/05/na...dom-for-women/

Here's a diagram of how the liquid condom works...

http://www.thevisualmd.com/visualiza..._within_vagina

Apparently they are based on American research, showing how a gel and go from liquid to solid based on acidity/alkalinity and temperature, whenever pre-ejaculate/semen/sperm is present in a woman, and form a barrier to block it and dispose of it. And the silver acts as an anti-bacteria/viral to prevent STI's.

Any thoughts on this new innovation? Would using one with no traditional condom still be considered BBFS in the hobby, or is this a new alternative to using a traditional condom?
Interesting stuff. On observation alone, it looks like it would destroy the delicate flora and pH balance of a woman's vagina.
Interesting stuff. On observation alone, it looks like it would destroy the delicate flora and pH balance of a woman's vagina. Originally Posted by mwebber
They claim the opposite, but I could see your line of thinking. Then again, I imagine the latex and lube that goes in there should be messing with a woman's internals, as well.
I thought this was going to be about the spray-on male condom. I would try that.
This I'm not sure about, first time I have heard this mentioned.
  • LynnT
  • 07-19-2011, 11:12 AM
They claim the opposite, but I could see your line of thinking. Then again, I imagine the latex and lube that goes in there should be messing with a woman's internals, as well. Originally Posted by SecretE

It does. Dirty fingers, mouth bacteria, cleaning too much.

Semen throws it off faster for me though. I get more frequent infections when in a civi relationship and we are doing BB.

This is interesting, never heard of it, but never went looking either. lol
Just the fact, that they're using silver for the anti-viral effects would make me cautious using this product. Silver is toxic to the body, so long term deleterious effects to the reproductive system may occur. I haven't been able to find much more about the product than offered but very good find.
Any thoughts on this new innovation? Would using one with no traditional condom still be considered BBFS in the hobby, or is this a new alternative to using a traditional condom? Originally Posted by SecretE
It sounds very much like the current Contraception Foam already on the market with this new fangled protection against STDs. In the past, I've used the foam method for birth control, and while convenient, I would suffer from a burning sensation afterwards as some of the foam would actually get inside my pecker. I would think that if providers used this, it technically would be BBFS because the guy is allowed to climax without being encumbered by the condom. This could be a dream come true
Chemicals and little still looking say NAY, NAY!
How the hell does a woman get it out? In addition what guarantees that through friction it doesn't become displaced or torn apart? Yes, it is bad enough that women get chronic yeast infections and vaginitis from lube, saliva etc. from the sex trade, it seems this could make things much worse. I would like to see more data on this and feedback from women who have used this liquid condom.