Migrant caravan bearing down on .... oh never mind. Nobody cares anymore!!!

I’m surprised the troops haven been ordered back to base.

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/7/180716...term-elections

[size=6]Fox News barely mentions caravan first morning after midterms
An interesting coincidence.
[\size]

Aaron RuparNov 7, 2018, 11:30am EST

In the weeks leading up to Tuesday’s midterm elections, President Donald Trump, his Republican allies, and Fox News teamed up to fearmonger about a caravan of people traveling from Central America toward America’s southern border — not stopping even after a gunman motivated by an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory about it opened fire at a synagogue in Pittsburgh on October 27, killing 11 people.

The caravan received heavy coverage on Fox & Friends, where it was portrayed as “an invasion” that Democrats weren’t doing enough to stop. According to transcripts, the caravan was mentioned 19 times on Friday’s edition of the show, 10 times on Monday, and nine times on Tuesday. Fox News has even embedded a reporter with the caravan to provide updates about its progress.

Yet on Wednesday’s edition of Fox & Friends, it was mentioned just once in passing.

“Many in the media laughed as well when the president framed [the midterms] as about [Supreme Court Justice Brett] Kavanaugh, the caravan,” host Ed Henry said at one point — the only time the caravan was mentioned on the entire show.

The White House didn’t try to conceal the cynical political motivations at work. For instance, days before the Pittsburgh shooting, an unnamed senior Trump administration official told the Daily Beast that “it doesn’t matter” if the fear-mongering campaign surrounding the caravan is “100 percent accurate” — the important thing is that “this is the play” to motivate Republicans to vote.

Trump urged people to blame Democrats for the caravan.

If the caravan really was the national security threat that Trump and Fox News portrayed it to be, there would no reason to deprioritize coverage even after midterm elections.
Now,now Yssup,calm down. I care Yssup, I care.
Marauders!
We still care. AND want it stopped.
Front page Dallas Morning news " Trump imposes new rules to deny asylum"
So no still in news ACLU still protecting immigrants rights refer to caravan .
  • WTF
  • 11-09-2018, 07:56 AM
So no still in news ACLU still protecting immigrants rights refer to caravan . Originally Posted by rexdutchman
I haven't heard Trump talking about the invaders since the election. Nothing on Fox...
So no still in news ACLU still protecting immigrants rights refer to caravan . Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Straight from the horses mouth:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Thursday, November 8, 2018

DOJ and DHS Issue New Asylum Rule

Applies President’s authority to suspend entry to asylum

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker and Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen today announced an Interim Final Rule declaring that those aliens who contravene a presidential suspension or limitation on entry into the United States through the southern border with Mexico issued under section 212(f) or 215(a)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) will be rendered ineligible for asylum.

The Acting Attorney General and the Secretary issued the following joint statement:

“Consistent with our immigration laws, the President has the broad authority to suspend or restrict the entry of aliens into the United States if he determines it to be in the national interest to do so. Today's rule applies this important principle to aliens who violate such a suspension or restriction regarding the southern border imposed by the President by invoking an express authority provided by Congress to restrict eligibility for asylum. Our asylum system is overwhelmed with too many meritless asylum claims from aliens who place a tremendous burden on our resources, preventing us from being able to expeditiously grant asylum to those who truly deserve it. Today, we are using the authority granted to us by Congress to bar aliens who violate a Presidential suspension of entry or other restriction from asylum eligibility.”

Section 212(f) of the Immigration and INA states that “[w]henever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”

Further, Section 215(a) of the INA states that it is “unlawful…for any alien to depart from or enter or attempt to depart from or enter the United States except under such reasonable rules, regulations, and orders, and subject to such limitations and exceptions as the President may prescribe.”

In Section 208(d)(5)(B) of the INA, Congress specified that the Attorney General “may provide by regulation for any other conditions or limitations on the consideration of an application for asylum.”

Today’s new rule applies to prospective presidential proclamations, and is not retroactive.

Asylum is a discretionary form of relief granted by the Executive Branch on a discretionary basis to those fleeing persecution on the basis of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. The rule does not render such aliens ineligible for withholding of removal under the INA or protection from removal under the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.

(DOJ)

I haven't heard Trump talking about the invaders since the election. Nothing on Fox... Originally Posted by WTF
See above.
  • WTF
  • 11-09-2018, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE=I B Hankering;1061049024]Straight from the horses mouth:

More like Jackass...but that is beside the point. Trump, not dutchman if there was any confusion.

That urgency sure seems to have ebbed since the election, which is what the OP posted.

Nothing written has refutes that fact.

Trump and many parroted that they were storming the border! Lol. Seems you folks have , after the election, forgotten about the storm.
[QUOTE=WTF;1061049053]
Straight from the horses mouth:

More like Jackass...but that is beside the point. Trump, not dutchman if there was any confusion.

That urgency sure seems to have ebbed since the election, which is what the OP posted.

Nothing written has refutes that fact.

Trump and many parroted that they were storming the border! Lol. Seems you folks have , after the election, forgotten about the storm. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
This was written the day after the election showing that the administration was indeed pursuing the course of action it announced; thus, refuting the notion that it was only a pre-election stunt. The new asylum rules are icing on the cake. Not a stunt: reality.

Troops install barbed wire at Nogales border ports in anticipation of caravan arrival

Published 7:47 p.m. MT Nov. 7, 2018 | Updated 12:31 p.m. MT Nov. 8, 2018

NOGALES — U.S. Army troops deployed to the Arizona border began fortifying the Nogales ports of entry this week in anticipation of the potential arrival of a migrant caravan moving northbound through Mexico.

Active-duty soldiers began installing concertina wire in Nogales on Tuesday, as the midterm elections were underway.

They're working under the command of the 16th Military Police Brigade, which deployed several days ago from Fort Bragg, N.C. to the Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson.

The troops are part of the rebranded Operation Secure Line — formerly known as Operation Faithful Patriot — a 7,000-strong deployment to the Southwestern U.S. border authorized last month at the request of President Donald Trump's administration.

The Trump administration issued the request in response to reports of a large migrant caravan making it's way to the U.S. border to claim asylum.

The caravan has been advancing at a slow pace, while dwindling in numbers. The migrants are now in Mexico City, roughly 600 miles from the south Texas border and more than 1,300 miles from Nogales.

(Arizona Republic)
  • WTF
  • 11-09-2018, 09:38 AM
We disagree...they could have written that without all the military buildup.

Dog n Pony show
But the article was written on 7 November-- after the election. The troops are there installing wire to block the illegals -- after the election. And they took pictures that refute the notion that this was a dog and pony for the benefit of the election, and the new asylum ruling is icing on the cake.

Troops install razor wire in Nogales.
But the article was written on 7 November-- after the election. The troops are there installing wire to block the illegals -- after the election. And they took pictures that refute the notion that this was a dog and pony for the benefit of the election, and the new asylum ruling is icing on the cake.

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I’ll bet the parents will have their kids try to scale the razor wire first.
I wouldn't be surprised at that. Win the sympathy vote, by thrusting your kids into danger.

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
is that a microwave dish on top of that truck's cab?
is that a microwave dish on top of that truck's cab? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Could be an FMTV mounted with a Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS) w/o the weapon.

The FMTV was being fielded when I retired, and the CROWS is a system I never saw while I was in the service.

We mounted machine guns and grenade launchers on trucks with ring mounts, but we never covered the ring mounts to protect them from the elements like what's depicted in this picture. Plus, whatever is being covered is larger and bulkier than a ring mount. (Note the canvas bags (front and aft) that catch the brass and metal links are detachable and likely detached and stored when not in use to extend their service life.)

If it is a CROWS, more than likely there won't be a weapon mounted to deal with these caravans of illegals. The optics wouldn't be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbW9TNmiSkA