Donald Trump a Tax Cheat?

According to propublica Donald Trump used shady accounting practices to claim the same write off on his taxes twice.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...go-hotel-taxes

IRS Audit of Trump Could Cost Former President More Than $100 Million
The tax agency concluded in its long-running investigation that Trump effectively claimed the same massive write-off twice on his failed Chicago tower.

Former President Donald Trump used a dubious accounting maneuver to claim improper tax breaks from his troubled Chicago tower, according to an IRS inquiry uncovered by ProPublica and The New York Times. Losing a yearslong audit battle over the claim could mean a tax bill of more than $100 million.
According to propublica Donald Trump used shady accounting practices to claim the same write off on his taxes twice.

The tax agency concluded in its long-running investigation that Trump effectively claimed the same massive write-off twice on his failed Chicago tower.

Former President Donald Trump used a dubious accounting maneuver to claim improper tax breaks from his troubled Chicago tower, according to an IRS inquiry uncovered by ProPublica and The New York Times. Losing a yearslong audit battle over the claim could mean a tax bill of more than $100 million. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Should anyone be concerned about this? It appears to me this is Donald Trump's problem, not the country as a whole.
It's more evidence of serious character flaws in trumpf. He's a crook
... There might be one o' those "IRS Audits" of Trump??
Crikey! ... I surely would LOVE to see it happen!

All o' this reminds me of a song: ... "Oh, the places we'll go..."

### Salty
It's more evidence of serious character flaws in trumpf. He's a crook Originally Posted by winn dixie
Everyone in Congress has character flaws some of them worse than Trumps. Forget about Trump he's not going to save the Country, no one is. Once you realize this country is no longer as free as you think it is you'll wake up and realize screaming about one guy is a total waste of time.
... There might be one o' those "IRS Audits" of Trump??
Crikey! ... I surely would LOVE to see it happen!

All o' this reminds me of a song: ... "Oh, the places we'll go..."

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
By Dr. Seuss???
Taxes are so confusing, if I was trump I will copy the kids taxes next to me and hope not get caught cheating. But I never been a copycat, but a opportunistic hacker in college and get kick out cheeting,yes that me.
Where’s Rachel Maddow??!!!!!
This is not surprising. When an accounting firm drops a high-net-worth client's company, that firm more than likely does so for an ethical and/or legal reason. And for an asshole like Trump, they were likely smart enough not to risk their asses for that loser any longer and do what he wanted.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/acc...al-2022-02-14/
Of course an accounting firm wants to distance themselves from a guy who has a pack of wild dogs nipping at his heels, looking to put him in jail for finding a dime in a pay phone change return. That’s self preservation, not anything to do with the client but the radicals pursuing him.
Pack of wild dogs?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHSSG
Of course an accounting firm wants to distance themselves from a guy who has a pack of wild dogs nipping at his heels, looking to put him in jail for finding a dime in a pay phone change return. That’s self preservation, not anything to do with the client but the radicals pursuing him. Originally Posted by CreatedInSpace
Trying to manufacture votes in the state of Georgia to steal an election is totally different than finding $.10 cents at a pay phone. . Go get him Fanny Willis.
Pack of wild dogs?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHSSG Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Keep this in mind when one is mean they are all mean.
Trying to manufacture votes in the state of Georgia to steal an election is totally different than finding $.10 cents at a pay phone. . Go get him Fanny Willis. Originally Posted by adav8s28
Hahaha... Fani Willis is on the chopping block herself. Her fifteen minutes of fame are over.
So your brilliant epiphany is that Trump burned the midnight oil cranking out his 1040EZ to make the midnight deadline? Couldn't he have just gone to H&R Block with a shoe box full of receipts and have them do it or at least hired an entire accounting firm or bus load of CPAs to do it for him? I mean... if I had a couple billion laying around, I would at least consider the latter.

Former President Donald Trump used a dubious accounting maneuver to claim improper tax breaks from his troubled Chicago tower, according to an IRS inquiry uncovered by ProPublica and The New York Times. Losing a yearslong audit battle over the claim could mean a tax bill of more than $100 million. Originally Posted by txdot-guy