Post a beautiful and artsy pic

carmella decesare

adriana lima
John Williams Waterhouse: Hylas & the Nymphs.

A young(er) Helen Mirren. Wow.
I agree Helen was a babe! Loved her in Excalibur
CORRECTION...Helen is still hot. She is 63!
CORRECTION...Helen is still hot. She is 63!
Originally Posted by zerodahero

I have always adored her. I can only hope I look that good when I'm in my 60's.
Both of me. I did these pieces a couple years back.
(I miss my purple hair... :/)

Attachment 219045

Attachment 219046

a mixed media piece by a friend of mine, kelly mckernan. as she develops her photographs in a darkroom, she 'paints' them using guache, watercolor, and/or other liquids which mix with the chemicals and give the photo different effects depending on what and how much she uses. and while they're still wet she overlays it with gold leaf paper or other things to make it stick. her work is amazing.

don't know how many of you use adobe illustrator, but this piece never ceases to blow my mind every time i see it. in illustrator, you basically draw by creating shapes layered on top of shapes, instead of colors on top of colors, as you would with paint or colored pencils. if you zoom in you can see that there are literally thousands of shapes, all drawn by hand. you can see them easiest in the skin and hair. each subtly different shade of color is a different shape
reminds me of the painting Pygmalion and Galatea, where Galatea was brought to life by the goddess Venus after Pygmalion's wish for a wife as beautiful his sculpture.

/love how Venus made her a brunette...
Wow I love the last 3 ...so inspiring to re-create
Wow I love the last 3 ...so inspiring to re-create Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
Originally Posted by ninasastri
The art is nice but I would love to sit down with you ninasastri and Zabrina to see the shots that don't make your books from your shoots. Because what I have seen, I would be prould to put your likeness on my wall. Pure masterpiece! Bravo to the photographer and the talent.