Steelers News

... G'day You-inzers,

... Blimey! ... Did any of you mates see THIS coming?
The three (3) Year Extension of Mike Tomlin's contract.

... How Sad...

#### Salty
Rooney said he was going to give him an extension. So I wasn’t surprised.
Any Steelers fan that's shocked Tomlin received an extension is fooling themselves. Literally everyone outside the dying PGH metro saw this coming.

For all of Tomlin's flaws - and there are a lot, he's still a top-tier coach in the league. Only verifiable coach I'd take over him would be Reid, though you can make an argument for boy Shannahan. I love Campbell and McVay, and the Stains and Bungles' coaches are also solid, but ranking them above Tomlin is tricky business.
... Not looking to do rankings - just looking for someone
to coach the team... Who can win a play-off game.

And from the sorry look of things from the last few years -
Tomlin ain't the bloke to do it. ...

#### Salty
... Not looking to do rankings - just looking for someone
to coach the team... Who can win a play-off game.

And from the sorry look of things from the last few years -
Tomlin ain't the bloke to do it. ...

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
I agree. But they’re getting him players to do it. Let’s see if Tomlin can win now.
  • Devo
  • 06-15-2024, 06:18 PM
Another three years to waste on him.

Ridiculous.
  • Devo
  • 06-15-2024, 06:22 PM
BTW, Trib live poll showed 62 percent disapproval with the extension.
Not a Tomlin believer but it is what it is a guess.

Hope we find a good receiver somewhere! Don’t agree with giving up big money and big draft picks for Ayuk but WR position could be a nightmare this year. Our best guy is a complete knucklehead and Tomlin lets that go until it’s out of control.
... It's early yet... Let's see IF they add some receiving players.

#### Salty
I know the chances of this are slim, but what if they have the same results this year as the last several years? They just miss or squeak into the playoffs and get blown out. Maybe they could then trade Tomlin for 2 #1 picks since he would have the years on his contract.
I know the chances of this are slim, but what if they have the same results this year as the last several years? They just miss or squeak into the playoffs and get blown out. Maybe they could then trade Tomlin for 2 #1 picks since he would have the years on his contract. Originally Posted by Iceman
I just don’t see this happening. If the league really thought he was that great you would think at least one of his assistants would have landed a head coaching job. All this time and not one! That’s telling.

Something interesting a buddy of mine brought up. How about trading Alex Highsmith for an equally good wide receiver. Is Herbig ready to take Highsmiths place?
Chris Mullen on the Fan brought up a Highsmith for Terry McCloren trade months ago. It won’t happen. They just restructured Highsmith’s contract a few weeks ago to free up cap space. Kahn will try to bring in a quality receiver. Highsmith isn’t going anywhere.

https://stillcurtain.com/posts/alex-...k-01hw8frwa8x3