Chiefs - Plus and Minus

I am glad they hired Crennel to be the figurehead Head Coach, now we will see who they get to run the offense, and I am glad it wasn't McDaniels. However, their ongoing blind commitment to Cassel dooms the franchise to nothing better than mediocrity. Orton is not an elite level talent, but it was obvious that he read defenses and delivered the ball with much more authority and accuracy than Cassel has ever been able to do.
You are so correct. I to hope that they replace Cassel with a real talented quarterback; Orton is a good QB but not the first class that the Chiefs need. I'm sure that the team will rally around Crennel. We'll see what happens next season.
Crennel is a loser, the cheifs will continue their losing tradition. It will take 3 more years and then maybe they will hire a head coach that is a proven winner. God I miss Marty sometimes LOL.
Crennel is a loser, the cheifs will continue their losing tradition. It will take 3 more years and then maybe they will hire a head coach that is a proven winner. God I miss Marty sometimes LOL. Originally Posted by dirty dog
You might be right about the 3 years, but they will never hire a strong head coach as long as Pioli is the GM, Crennel is just a figurehead who will follow Pioli's directions and function as the Defensive Coordinator and game day manager. I miss Vermeil more than I miss Marty.
You are so correct. I to hope that they replace Cassel with a real talented quarterback; Orton is a good QB but not the first class that the Chiefs need. I'm sure that the team will rally around Crennel. We'll see what happens next season. Originally Posted by Grizzy11
Lol, let's see, how long have the Chiefs been looking for a top caliber quarterback? It's not like it's dme a dozen on QB's. Ask Tampa bay if they ever had a long term solution for their QB situation!
  • KCJoe
  • 01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Gee, I'm starting to think the problem is not the players, coaches or management, but the owners.
Gee, I'm starting to think the problem is not the players, coaches or management, but the owners. Originally Posted by KCJoe
Right with you there. On a local sports talk show they were talking about Jeff Fisher as a coaching candidate. They said his primary criteria for taking a head coaching job was to be with an organization that was COMMITED to winning a championship. He never seriously considered the Chiefs.
Crennel is a loser, the cheifs will continue their losing tradition. It will take 3 more years and then maybe they will hire a head coach that is a proven winner. God I miss Marty sometimes LOL. Originally Posted by dirty dog
I have to disagree DD. The Chiefs couldn't make it with Schottenheimer, or Dick Vermeil (in my opinion, one of the best). Not sure what the problem is, but it's more than just the need for a better coach.
I have to disagree DD. The Chiefs couldn't make it with Schottenheimer, or Dick Vermeil (in my opinion, one of the best). Not sure what the problem is, but it's more than just the need for a better coach. Originally Posted by Muffrider
Well I cant argue with that at all, personally I have long felt the problem is the Hunts grip on the purse strings and their lack of emphasis on winning a superbowl, I knew it was going to be more of the same when Clarke took over and said he wanted a competative team rather then using the words winning or superbowl team.
Well I cant argue with that at all, personally I have long felt the problem is the Hunts grip on the purse strings and their lack of emphasis on winning a superbowl, I knew it was going to be more of the same when Clarke took over and said he wanted a competative team rather then using the words winning or superbowl team. Originally Posted by dirty dog
I agree. I just can't help but feel that, for some reason (maybe a lack of truly inspired, dynamic leadership) the team just lacks the level of inspiration needed to become champions. Somewhere in the ranks (whether in the QB position, coaching, management, or head office) there has to be a leader with the ability to inspire others to greatness. I think this lack of inspiration accounts for how the same team can lose so badly one week, and then turn around and beat a team like the Packers.

And a truly inspired leader of that caliber doesn't come cheaply, unless he's a yet undiscovered leader like a Kurt Warner.
Well I cant argue with that at all, personally I have long felt the problem is the Hunts grip on the purse strings and their lack of emphasis on winning a superbowl, I knew it was going to be more of the same when Clarke took over and said he wanted a competative team rather then using the words winning or superbowl team. Originally Posted by dirty dog
That hits the nail on the head! They only want to spend what it takes to fill the stadium, and apparently they can do that with a mediocre team that only wins about half their games. Who cares if they don't ever develop an elite team with a winning tradition, pad the teams roster with mostly average players at bargain prices, and have to fire the coaching staff every few years as long as "the organization" can ride the gravy train, fill the stadium, and get the tv revenues.
A big concern is that the players like Crennel. They loved Ganz, they loved Gunther,
look where they took them. Yeah, I know the players were different, but that's a recipe for losing. You never heard players say they loved Shanahan, Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, or Belichek. THis bunch has no discipline at all. The same ones that beat the Packers are the same ones who lost to the Raiders.
Let's guess what the record will be next year, based on what we know now...

HOME
Denver - W
Oakland - W
San Diego - W
Atlanta - L
Baltimore - L
Carolina - W
Cincinnati - W
Indianapolis - L (if Peyton is there), W (if not)

AWAY
Denver - L
Oakland - L
San Diego - L
Buffalo - W
Cleveland - W
New Orleans - L
Pittsburgh - L
Tampa Bay - W

So, they should have an 8-8 record (or 9-7 if Peyton doesn't return to Indy).

But are there any home games that people will shell out $51 (plus parking, food, etc) for?