claim: George Patton assassinated to silence him

General George S. Patton was assassinated to silence his criticism of allied war leaders claims new book

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-new-book.html

there's a book on old & new claims on the Gen. Patton assassinated by enemies & rivals within the military command to silence him on their misdeeds and mistakes.
Already been made into a movie.

Already been made into a movie.

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
interesting 1970's movie. never heard of it.

details prolly differ!
Neither have i heard of that movie before.. Need to see if my local library stocks it!
Patton hated the Russians, and did his best to let people know how crooked they were. At the time his news was bad even for the US. No telling who caused that fatal accident that killed him.
interesting 1970's movie. never heard of it.

details prolly differ! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Yeah, the details are different. Think Kelly's Heroes and how a shit load of Nazi gold disappeared -- that part is actually true -- at the end of the war. Rumor has it that Patton's investigation into the theft was getting too close to the perps -- American officers -- and they had Patton killed to keep the gold and their freedom. Personally, I believe Patton died from injuries he suffered in a freak auto accident: end of story.
Yeah, the details are different. Think Kelly's Heroes and how a shit load of Nazi gold disappeared -- that part is actually true -- at the end of the war. Rumor has it that Patton's investigation into the theft was getting too close to the perps -- American officers -- and they had Patton killed to keep the gold and their freedom. Personally, I believe Patton died from injuries he suffered in a freak auto accident: end of story. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Wasn’t that the same story of the army searching Hussein’s palaces? They looted a bunch of gold and cash? Who fucking knows. Don’t blame them if they did.
Yeah, the details are different. Think Kelly's Heroes and how a shit load of Nazi gold disappeared -- that part is actually true -- at the end of the war. Rumor has it that Patton's investigation into the theft was getting too close to the perps -- American officers -- and they had Patton killed to keep the gold and their freedom. Personally, I believe Patton died from injuries he suffered in a freak auto accident: end of story. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
2 accidents in a row on the same day? too much of a coincidence.